cover songs that were better than the original

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm also going to nominate Pearl Jam - Last Kiss, but then I've never even heard the original to be honest. But there's no way it can be better than Eddie's vocal. No way. :LOL:

Your suspicion is correct ;)

Good shout on Watchtower

For a PJ fan though it's tough to beat this (original by Victoria Williams I think), seen it many times in concert and makes the hair stand every time AT ~2.55. Less hair over the years, but still :) This version with obligatory lyric mistakes. He really should have them written down :ROFLMAO: I bet Williams never imagined this song could have a 5 minute outro.

Crazy Mary

D

Deleted member 1147

Its ok but not a patch on Leonard's original.
I know that, in theory, everyone is entitled to an opinion. But the spreading of lies and fake news, like this, should surely be outlawed :eek::mad:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Your suspicion is correct ;)

Good shout on Watchtower

For a PJ fan though it's tough to beat this (original by Victoria Williams I think), seen it many times in concert and makes the hair stand every time AT ~2.55. Less hair over the years, but still :) This version with obligatory lyric mistakes. He really should have them written down :ROFLMAO: I bet Williams never imagined this song could have a 5 minute outro.

Crazy Mary
Eddie could pretty much sing any song and it would be better than the original. :p

D

Deleted member 1147

Prince @ Coachella performing Creep is pretty damned good - better than the original though?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh I just remembered another one. Fall Out Boy - Beat It cover is just incredible, and personally I find it even better than the original. One of the best covers ever made.

U

User62651

Pantera's cover of Planet Caravan by Black Sabbath is good.
Van Halen's covers of both You're no Good (swinging blue jeans) and Dancing in the Street (martha reeves) are brill imho.
Gun's cover of Word Up by Cameo is not too shabby either.