Best Course You Have Played This Year

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I played Las Ramblas a couple of times many years ago, great fun course from memory. Also played Villamartin and another one near by beginning with C from memory. I only once played La Finca which from memory way a wonderful course

Most likely would have been Campomoar?
La Finca was our local course - my lad was in the academy there - in all honesty, I think it's as good as Las Colinas - definitely has better views and a better clubhouse.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
A very quiet year for me with a second baby born in May, so hardly got out.

The Richmond probably the pick of the small bunch

AussieKB

Visit site
I’ve not played in Thailand, will add to the lottery list
There are 8 courses all within an hour, and all worth a trip, plus it is very well priced,
I go twice a year and the cost for 2 weeks is less than 1500 quid, carts caddies green fees accommodation and food.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
There are 8 courses all within an hour, and all worth a trip, plus it is very well priced,
I go twice a year and the cost for 2 weeks is less than 1500 quid, carts caddies green fees accommodation and food.

Interesting, but then again if you are on Oz then it’s about the same as UK based going to Spain.

UK - Thailand the flights are going to be quite a bit more

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was a B/Ball Leeds Union Event at Moortown with 110 entries. Only playing 17 holes as the 5th is being rebuilt. We were steady on the front, then me mate gets up & down for 3pts on the famous Gibraltar 10th & i go crazy on the rest with a ridiculous birdie on the last to win, on countback with 43pts..... job done. Leeds B/ball Champions for 2022..... only the 2nd time for our Club in its long. long, history

Klimski

Visit site
A sunny day in May playing St Andrews Eden course with great friends was the best golf of 2022 for me. But my favorite course was Kinghorn - got blown off the course in a gale but what a magical place!!

Last edited:

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
It's not been too bad of a year for ticking off new courses. Had 3 rounds at Woodhall Spa over Easter playing both courses. I came away from there with mixed feelings to be honest. I'd heard so much hype about the place before we went and don't get me wrong it's a great course, even the 'smaller' course was decent, but The Hotchkin didn't completely blow me away which is kinda what I was expecting after the build up. This might sound daft but I think it's almost too flat. I prefer courses with some elevation changes.

Had my usual trips to Hollinwell as I'm lucky enough to know a member. Never tire of playing that place. Maybe a slightly contentious opinion but I think Hollinwell is better than Woodhall Spa personally.

Played The Mere for the first time, once in the spring and once about a month ago. It's not a bad course. I wouldn't pay a full green fee to play it (think it's like £70-80 normally) but it's not bad for what we paid. The houses there are ridiculous. Clearly a very wealthy area and that's shows in the bar prices.

But to get to the point in question this is actually quite an easy one for me to answer and that's Royal Portrush a few weeks ago. Just every bit as spectacular as people say. Phenomenal golf course and experience! We also played Portstewart and Ballylifin on the same trip. Two more fantastic courses. Best golf trip I've ever been on.

Last edited: