Best Course You Have Played This Year

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Only played a handful of away courses this year
Cromer, Sheringham, Hunstanton, The Caversham, Forest of Arden, Stoneham & Hayling Island

Best course, probably Hunstanton
Most enjoyable Cromer ?

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Swinley Forest

Honourable mentions to West Hill, New Zealand & Hayling. I've got Woking and Worplesdon lined up for November which I'm sure will be great, but they're going to have to go some to beat Swinley.

Thinking about it Cleeve Hill was also great but in a completely different way, strong winds, rain, bit a of hail, what an experience!

Mandofred

Visit site
Moor Allerton. Several times this year, it's a free round with our reciprocal agreement. 27 holes. I prefer the first 18. If I lived a bit closer I'd join up there......30 min drive is too far for me to want to go every time I play.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not travelled much this year.

However did a lads trip to northwales.

Have to say that I thought bull bay GC was superb. Stunning layout and some really fun holes. Surprised me just how good it was.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Swinley Forest

Honourable mentions to West Hill, New Zealand & Hayling. I've got Woking and Worplesdon lined up for November which I'm sure will be great, but they're going to have to go some to beat Swinley.

Thinking about it Cleeve Hill was also great but in a completely different way, strong winds, rain, bit a of hail, what an experience!

Swinley and NZ are 2 of my favourite courses

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I booked several opens this year and had away rounds at Longcliffe, Moor Hall, Rotherham, Maxstoke, Willersey Park, Sherwood Forest, Shirley, Scraptoft, Aberdovey, Cosby, Rothley, Stanton-on-the-Wolds, The Hallamshire, Breadsall Priory, Stoneham & Hayling.

Difficult to pick a favourite out of those. If pushed I would say Sherwood Forest or Hayling.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No idea where to start. Probably 1,2,3 would be Royal Dornoch, Cruden Bay and Royal Aberdeen. Europa League places going to Ladybank, Southerness and Crail. Sure some on here will know better.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Was that the clubhouse, staff, shop that put it at the bottom? Surely not the course?
Mainly. However, although the course was in good condition, the bunkers were full of stones, and i found the 16th (massive bunker, 17th (230 yard uphill par 3 across a road) and 18th (blind tee shot toward a marker post, and then another shot across the road) let the rest of the course down a bit. Maybe it was just a bit too tough for me to really appreciate. Would need to play it several more times to get it, but not at £150 a round, although we only paid £40.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
North Hants near Fleet. course was in amazing condition in June in fact near perfect for a Wednesday visit (autotrader day ) lots of new in 2023

D

Deleted member 1147

I missed out playing JCB twice this year
Great fun ?

Albo

Visit site
Las Colinas, DP Tour qualification is taking place there right now.
It's regarded as the best in that area, although for me, I have more fun playing Las Ramblas just over the road.
I played Las Ramblas a couple of times many years ago, great fun course from memory. Also played Villamartin and another one near by beginning with C from memory. I only once played La Finca which from memory way a wonderful course