Banned

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Mobile phones on the golf course. Can't believe the amount of golfers who can't play golf without checking twitter, group chats, emails, phone calls etc.

D

Deleted member 15344

Nothing in the Am Game - but for the Pros - yardage books , green books - let them use a lazer range finder and that will speed up play.

GregKael

Medal Winner
Visit site
Mobile phones on the golf course. Can't believe the amount of golfers who can't play golf without checking twitter, group chats, emails, phone calls etc.
What if you are simply using an app to track scores/stats/GPS etc???

But in terms of actually banning stuff Green Books, I only read yesterday how detailed they can be and could only think to myself no wonder they make it look so bloody easy.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
What if you are simply using an app to track scores/stats/GPS etc???

But in terms of actually banning stuff Green Books, I only read yesterday how detailed they can be and could only think to myself no wonder they make it look so bloody easy.

Buy a proper GPS then.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you know they're doing that for sure? I use a GPS app on my phone, but always ignore any Whatsapp's etc until I've finished the round (or I might check it if we're being held up by someone and unable to play my shot anyway). To the untrained eye it might look as though I'm checking social media every time I'm walking to my ball.

I can't think of anything I would ban to be honest.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Do you know they're doing that for sure? I use a GPS app on my phone, but always ignore any Whatsapp's etc until I've finished the round (or I might check it if we're being held up by someone and unable to play my shot anyway). To the untrained eye it might look as though I'm checking social media every time I'm walking to my ball.

I can't think of anything I would ban to be honest.

Played last weekend with a numpty that couldn't put his phone down for 36 holes. Texting, twitter the lot. It was only the Club Championship after all. Twaddling along about 50 yards behind us. We had a word with him twice, made no difference. Funnily enough he NR'd twice.

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
People who insist on playing out their holes in a Stableford event when they can't get any more points. Seriously. Pick it up, morons.

You play with people who actually do this?? Everyone I have ever played with in Stableford picks up as soon as they have blobbed a hole. No point in playing on...

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Excessive slow play
Excessive fast play
Stapleford
Green maps & yardage books
Caddies lining players up
People talking you through their round shot by shot

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Pre shot routines longer than 5 seconds

Hell, just pre shot routines in general...and practice swings...when was the last time you saw a practice swing that resembles the real thing..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played last weekend with a numpty that couldn't put his phone down for 36 holes. Texting, twitter the lot. It was only the Club Championship after all. Twaddling along about 50 yards behind us. We had a word with him twice, made no difference. Funnily enough he NR'd twice.
Well I can't disagree that he's a numpty. But I don't think banning phones is the answer. Just ban him! :D I probably use my phone too much in daily life, but being on the golf course is the one time I actually enjoying being away from everything else for 4 hours.
Maybe because phone apps are poop and inaccurate? :rofl:
No they're not. Played with my Uncle recently, he has a GPS watch and I was using my app, and my yardages were more accurate than his. His watch was showing everything 5-10 yards longer for some reason. The yardages are absolutely fine, certainly good enough that I'm not going to waste money on another gadget that might​ be fractionally more accurate.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pre shot routines longer than 5 seconds

Hell, just pre shot routines in general...and practice swings...when was the last time you saw a practice swing that resembles the real thing..
My practise swing is the same as my actual swing. Or at least I intend it to be!