Bandits/Cheats/Good Days and Bad

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would have been nice but I think in this instance it's best just put to bed and now the Wednesday crew can go back to playing a more balanced set up
It's nice to see a club taking firm action, and not looking to keep dishonesty within their walls for the sake of a membership fee.
Your club sounds a good club.:)

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
First chance I've had to get back to the club since my last post as played away match then we had the biblical weather.

There has been a resolution to the whole situation. As mentioned previously club found there was a CDH and previous active handicap. The long and short of it is he has been asked to leave the club after a lengthy meeting with the committee. From what I know he denied the initial accusation that he had been a member elsewhere but when his previous playing record was shown to him apparently came clean he had been elsewhere and he hadn't mentioned it as he'd left there under somewhat of a cloud. I wasn't made aware of any other details in my short conversation with one of the people there.

I believe the meeting ended fairly quickly after that and he is no longer at our club. So I guess that's a satisfactory solution for all those

That is pretty serious. I'm sure the committee did not commence the meeting with the intention of putting him out of the club so he must have given very poor answers.

Frustrating, but at least it's only a few quid in a sweep he's gotten away with. Would have been far worse if he'd gotten to one of the big stroke play events and they'd have to DQ him retrospectively.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
You would've thought that when someone with the same name, age and address was re registered with a new handicap, the name would've flagged up and queered.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Idiot is all I can say.
You would think he would just keep a low profile for a couple of months.
But blowing the field in the swindle weeks on end will lead to questions.
You are well shut of him.

But it does leave questions over how easy it is to do this at another club.

Wolf

Visit site
Idiot is all I can say.
You would think he would just keep a low profile for a couple of months.
But blowing the field in the swindle weeks on end will lead to questions.
You are well shut of him.

Not sure how easy it is to do without being underhand. But then I'm not overly up on how the workings behind the Central Database is sorted out.

Surely there are criteria that have to be input to create the unique record. But as members we just provide what's asked to those in power and voila out comes a handicap and CDH number. But the interesting part of that is I guess its down to the honesty of the person providing the information.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Given that he eventually admitted he'd left his previous club under a cloud, then he sounds like some kind of serial offender.
Isn't it therefore appropriate for Wolf's club to get in touch with all the other clubs in the area and warn them about him?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Given that he eventually admitted he'd left his previous club under a cloud, then he sounds like some kind of serial offender.
Isn't it therefore appropriate for Wolf's club to get in touch with all the other clubs in the area and warn them about him?

That sounds like the County Union should be involved.

User20204

Visit site
A perfect example of why I don't enter in to sweeps or matchplay events.

As for asking him to repay the money, best not kidding yourself on that is ever going to happen.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That sounds like the County Union should be involved.
This. I think they should be made aware so they can make the decision to inform other clubs or not. If the club itself do it, then will it not come over as sour grapes and twisting the knife. One question though, if he already had a CDH number, did he get a new one when he joined this one so will EGU have two on their database? Should they be informed too?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm sure his name will be all around the county in no time. Word spreads quickly when someone gets asked to leave a club. He may have to find a new hobby.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I'm sure his name will be all around the county in no time. Word spreads quickly when someone gets asked to leave a club. He may have to find a new hobby.

Trouble is LT, Lincolnshire is the second largest county in the country. ☹️If say he is Newark golf club, he is knocking on the door of Notts ☹️

Wolf

Visit site
Wolf, without putting you on the spot what part of the Lincolnshire world are you from.
I'll drop you a PM mate rather than put that on open forum only because never know whose reading and I've purposely not mentioned names as to keep this private for the club to deal with.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I'll drop you a PM mate rather than put that on open forum only because never know whose reading and I've purposely not mentioned names as to keep this private for the club to deal with.
Cheers Craig.