Band reunion; you have the power...

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
One for the music lovers amongst us, I don't think it's been done before.

You have the power to reunite/resurrect a band with the previous line up of your choice in order to see them play; who do you choose? It can be a band that you've seen before, or one that you never got to see, but can no longer perform, usually because of the demise of one or more members.

In my case, it's an honourable mention for Tom Petty and Led Zeppelin who I have never seen, and The Who and Queen, who I have seen but not in the original line up. However, the choice I'm always drawn to when the question is considered...

Thin Lizzy. Something about the atmosphere they generated at a gig that I really miss.

So, who is it for you?
Great thread Richard.

I'd agree with my Bro, Rlburnside,
Would love to have seen Fleetwood Mac in their early days.
Also, as I've said on here before, my biggest regret musically is not having seen Pink Floyd live.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I presume nobody has picked the obvious choice because it's a given? (You know, the four guys from Liverpool).

My pick: the classic 73/74 line up of Gong: Daevid Allen (RIP), Gilli Smyth (RIP), Pierre Moerlen (RIP), Steve Hillage, Didier Malherbe, Tim Blake, Mike Howlett.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Having heard Noddy Holder on the radio earlier Slade would be another as I reckon their gigs would have been proper loud and sweaty affairs. Simple songs banged out
They were my first favourite band as a kid and saw them three times in the late 1970s. Just for the atmosphere they were only surpassed by Thin Lizzy, with 70s Quo close behind. Would love a time machine to see either band again (although Lizzy with either Gary Moore or Brian Robertson, rather than Snowy White).
Of the bands that I never saw, would love to have seen Queen (well I saw them with Paul Rodgers, but I don’t count that).

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
They were my first favourite band as a kid and saw them three times in the late 1970s. Just for the atmosphere they were only surpassed by Thin Lizzy, with 70s Quo close behind. Would love a time machine to see either band again (although Lizzy with either Gary Moore or Brian Robertson, rather than Snowy White).
Of the bands that I never saw, would love to have seen Queen (well I saw them with Paul Rodgers, but I don’t count that).

It's your choice Mike, you can have both, you can have Scott Gorham as well.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Having seen Queen with Freddie, Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours lineup, Quo with Lancaster and Coghlan, Thin Lizzie’s Live & Dangerous line up, Pink Floyd The Wall at Earls Court plus loads more, inc Bowie. I feel I have been a bit blessed.

Nirvana, Springsteen & Guns n Roses are high on my list of missing ones

But one band to reform/ resurrect would have to be Cream ?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The Prodigy for me.

Never saw them live. Every time I planned to go, something happened to stop me.

D

Deleted member 18588

I saw The Who live at Bingley Hall, but sadly after Keith Moon had died. I'd love to have seen Moon live.
I did and can safely say he was a great entertainer.

However, I can equally safely say that he was not a great drummer.