Band reunion; you have the power...

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
One for the music lovers amongst us, I don't think it's been done before.

You have the power to reunite/resurrect a band with the previous line up of your choice in order to see them play; who do you choose? It can be a band that you've seen before, or one that you never got to see, but can no longer perform, usually because of the demise of one or more members.

In my case, it's an honourable mention for Tom Petty and Led Zeppelin who I have never seen, and The Who and Queen, who I have seen but not in the original line up. However, the choice I'm always drawn to when the question is considered...

Thin Lizzy. Something about the atmosphere they generated at a gig that I really miss.

So, who is it for you?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another vote for Queen. I saw them in 87 and no band I've seen since has ever come close. That in itself is a bit of a bummer really. However, to see Freddie in his pomp was worth it. To see him again :love:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Talking Heads - with David Byrne, Tina Weymouth, Chris Frantz, Jerry Harrison & Alex Weir (ie the line up of the Stop Making Sense gigs)

Or, The Jam. But they are in second place as I did see them, as opposed to T H who I didn't

D

Deleted member 18588

10 cc.

Original line-up, Godley, Creme, Goulding and Stewart.

Great musicians and great writers.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm choosing a band i never got to see live.
Free.
Paul Rodgers strutting, still, in my view, the best frontman ever
Paul Kossof - why use 100 notes when 25 do the job perfectly
Andy Fraser in a world of his own
Simon "Metronome" Kirke..

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The who, saw them at the valley it too young to appreciate. Seen them loads of time since without Moon and the ox.

Band I never saw live, Blue oyster cult.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
First time I saw them I was supposed to phone my dad for a lift afterwards but I couldn't hear anything he was saying (I was screaming down the phone at him, allegedly). My ears didn't stop ringing for a week. Parents were very unimpressed!
I saw the classic lineup at Reading Uni and then at HammyO the next night on the Iron Fist tour....supporting them were an unknown Welsh band called Persian Risk..their guitarist? A young man named Phil Campbell...Lemmy obviously saw enough to be impressed