Groups you haven’t seen but wish you had.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Motorhead and Queen. I would be more than happy to see Queen in their current line up as I think Adam Lambert is a brilliant singer, but I wouuld have loved to have seen them with Freddie

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The stand out group being mentioned over and over is Queen with Freddie singing. I was lucky enough to see them at Knebworth Park on their It’s a Kind of Magic tour, 86/87? I can confirm they were stunning, Freddie was stunning, magnificent, wonderful. The only downside, I peaked too soon and every concert since gets compared, unfavourably, to it.

I'm not being smug here, people have seen way more bands than me, some fabulous names, I'm just confirming that having Queen as a regret is 100% valid. I feel very lucky and privileged to have been there that evening.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The stand out group being mentioned over and over is Queen with Freddie singing. I was lucky enough to see them at Knebworth Park on their It’s a Kind of Magic tour, 86/87? I can confirm they were stunning, Freddie was stunning, magnificent, wonderful. The only downside, I peaked too soon and every concert since gets compared, unfavourably, to it.

I'm not being smug here, people have seen way more bands than me, some fabulous names, I'm just confirming that having Queen as a regret is 100% valid. I feel very lucky and privileged to have been there that evening.
Was lucky enough to see Queen several times including Live Aid where they simply owned the day. I also saw them at the stadium for the same tour and I also saw them at Wembley Arena on the Works Tour. Brilliant band and Freddie simply had the audiences in the palm of his hand from the moment he came on stage until they left after the final encore.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Saw Queen with Freddie at Wembley and, apart from Freddie holding the crowd in the palm of his hand, thought they were ok but fairly ordinary...but then I've never been a huge Queen fan...could have been an "off" night...
But Freddie was just about he best frontman in the business.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had tickets to see John Lee Hooker but due to illness he had to cancel, shame about that as I knew that would have been the last chance I would have of seeing him.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Motorhead and Queen. I would be more than happy to see Queen in their current line up as I think Adam Lambert is a brilliant singer, but I wouuld have loved to have seen them with Freddie

I managed to see Motorhead a few times but the peak moment was on the Sunday at Download, was walking around the stages in the afternoon to suddenly see a dream combo on Lemmy on vocals with Slash on guitar. Never going to forget that one.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Used to watch a live concert every week on BBC2 on Thursday nights in the 70's. Saw Super tramp but would love to have seen them live.
Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac I regret not seeing live.

I was lucky enough to see the last ever Pink Floyd performance when they reformed for Live 8, had Golden Circle tickets and everthing.

Would loved to have seen AC/DC with the orginal line up (have seen them with Brian Johnson) Would like to have seen The Who as from that I can see now, they are a paper thin version of what they were. Only other act I can think of that I would like to see but have not is Simon and Garfunkel.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was lucky enough to see the last ever Pink Floyd performance when they reformed for Live 8, had Golden Circle tickets and everthing.

Would loved to have seen AC/DC with the orginal line up (have seen them with Brian Johnson) Would like to have seen The Who as from that I can see now, they are a paper thin version of what they were. Only other act I can think of that I would like to see but have not is Simon and Garfunkel.
I did one of the coaches for the Who at wembley a couple of years ago, the reaction from people coming out of the gig was not favourable!😳

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

Not a fan per se, but saw Motorhead at Crawley Leisure Centre back in 1980. Odd location, but was a major stop on tours back then, also saw Haircut 100 and Billy Connelly in there. The weirdest one was going to see Shakatak in Taverners "night club" (previously the Old Haslings hotel now nursing home - they played in one of the rooms) halfway down the A23 between Crawley & Brighton.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Think I must be the only person on here who didn’t like Queen .

almost.

I will confess to buying Seven Seas of Rhye and Sheer Heart Attack when they came out around 73, but by the time punk came along, they represented all I disliked about the "old" music scene.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was once in Dublin at the end of a fishing holiday, only to find that Thin Lizzy were in town ...................... their town!
I loved Thin Lizzy, so we wandered along and found that tickets were available on the door, and in we went.
Brian Robertson and Scott Gorham were the guitarists at the time, but they had some special guests that night.
Halfway through the gig they introduced their special guests.
On came Eric Bell, Snowy White and Gary Moore ......................... oh, what an evening that was!

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
In 1979 went to see The Who at Wembley Stadium, supported by The Stranglers & AC/DC (with Bon).

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now, I am not a huge Dream Theater fan. But around 2001, I went to see them with a mate. They were being talked up everywhere as one of the best live acts around.

They came on stage, and I walked out an hour later...during which time they played three songs, one of which was more or less an intro track, alongside each member of the band taking a lengthy solo. This included the keyboardist, who - pretentious tosser alert - had got a keyboard made up to carry like a guitar for the purpose.

2001 would mean they were probably still touring Scenes from a Memory…and/or debuting some of the tracks from Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence…

Arguably 2 of their best albums. Scenes, specifically, is probably one of my top 5 albums of all time. Absolutely perfect from start to finish. If you don’t like that, Dream Theater are probably not for you. 😅

Prog bands, by their very definition are mostly pretentious and/or self indulgent, so I get why some people wouldn’t like them. But yes, Jordan Rudess and his keys solos in DT do come across as a bit OTT. John Petrucci’s guitar work around that time, however, was absolutely sublime.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
almost.

I will confess to buying Seven Seas of Rhye and Sheer Heart Attack when they came out around 73, but by the time punk came along, they represented all I disliked about the "old" music scene.
Snap…like quite a few of their singles and remember listening to and liking much on their earliest albums (up to A Day…), but never enough to buy any. IIRC it was that to me there was something different about them, something that intrigued and interested the young teenager. Its certainly 100% true that their Live Aid turn was and remains iconic, and that Mercury was an awesome front man.