Anyone Here Using a Callaway Sure Out?

Wolf

Visit site
You get cut get cut.

Pretty sure the 7.0 man who gets cut to 6.4 can then only rise to 7.4 in that season.
I find this a bit odd or maybe I'm reading it wrong so are you saying that effectively after you've played 10 comps all comps for you become reduction only.

Seems an odd way to do it, a hell of a lot of working out who has played how many etc and doesn't to me give a realistic outcome of playing ability

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I find this a bit odd or maybe I'm reading it wrong so are you saying that effectively after you've played 10 comps all comps for you become reduction only.

Seems an odd way to do it, a hell of a lot of working out who has played how many etc and doesn't to me give a realistic outcome of playing ability
No he said after you've gone up 0.1 ten times, not just after ten comps.

Wolf

Visit site
No he said after you've gone up 0.1 ten times, not just after ten comps.
Still doesn't make sense though to give an accurate way of giving reflection of playing ability.

Either every comp is a qualifier for everyone or every comp is reduction only for everyone there will be people playing in some comps where they're RO and others in same field aren't.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Basically you can only go up one shot from your lowest that year.

Say I start the year at 10.4, i can only go up to 11.4. That may be 10 .01's in a row or may be a mix of buffers and .1's.

If for example, I play the first comp and get cut to 9.8, the highest I can now be that year is 10.8.

I can play as many comps as I want but as soon as I hit the 10.8 I cannot go any higher, I may get cut back to 10.6 and then I can rise again to 10.8.

There is no more working out to do for the human as it is all done by the computer.

It stops people gathering 0.1's throughout the season and then winning a big comp at the end of the year etc.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In one season.. If you accumulate 10 x 0.1s you won't get any further 0.1s for the rest of the season.

You can only go up one shot. You will likely get another in the annual review if you continue to rack up cricket scores in the rest of the comps.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Say I start the year at 10.4, i can only go up to 11.4. That may be 10 .01's in a row or may be a mix of buffers and .1's.

If for example, I play the first comp and get cut to 9.8, the highest I can now be that year is 10.8.

I can play as many comps as I want but as soon as I hit the 10.8 I cannot go any higher, I may get cut back to 10.6 and then I can rise again to 10.8.

There is no more working out to do for the human as it is all done by the computer.

It stops people gathering 0.1's throughout the season and then winning a big comp at the end of the year etc.
that makes sense then, so you can play as many comps as you like??

it was made to look like you could only play 10

Wolf

Visit site

That makes it a lot clearer as like Patrick I thought it read you could only play 10 comps

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yeah you can play as many comps as you like.

I think it does work well and actually surprised that it is only the GUI that uses it. I didn't realise that they could set such rules by themselves

Johnny Balewell

Visit site
Just caught up with this and a new poster. Interesting. I’ve just ordered one, handicap 10 go round for close to par sometimes. I have added one to my bag as I struggle out of bunkers. It isn’t technique as I can use a 54/56/58 or 60. I had a back op and can’t take the sand compression pressure of a bunker shot to my skeleton. These clubs have a place and this will enhance my enjoyment and prevent me being frightened of the sand. Oh I’m 54 run 10ks and ride a bike. So I’m fit but fragile! Thanks guys

ferenezejohn

Visit site
If a golfers want to buy a club that they think will help that's they're choice.
Personally I'm a reasonable bunker player that is down to practice simple as that no magic club or secret moves.
I play with some guys who cant get out of a bunker to save themselves, who just seem to accept it as part of their game yet the same guys will spend hours on the range with a driver.
To each their own.

Johnny Balewell

Visit site
If a golfers want to buy a club that they think will help that's they're choice.
Personally I'm a reasonable bunker player that is down to practice simple as that no magic club or secret moves.
I play with some guys who cant get out of a bunker to save themselves, who just seem to accept it as part of their game yet the same guys will spend hours on the range with a driver.
To each their own.
I’m a reasonable bunker player too. Just my back won’t take the pressure after my op. Technique hasn’t changed and I can still borrow a mate’s 54/56/60 and dig it out. Better health wise if I don’t do it though so I appreciate that good technique, Hines by practise and lessons on top is key. And then if you want to spend your own hard earned Ona club that aids further i can’t see the harm. Enjoy your virtual golf everyone!