Anyone Here Using a Callaway Sure Out?

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Or drivers, since we all know that latest £450 driver can give you a crucial +4 yards off the tee.
I sort of get Drivers. The tech is important. I'm not saying that the latest will give you much improvement over the last years or the year before's, but it's a tough club to hit.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wow, no wonder people leave this forum, just because you post an opinion which differs from the common concensus your honesty is placed in question :(

I don't know why I have to justify my statement to you, but I will

Just because you only play 10 qualifiers a year doesn't make that law

Last year I played in 26 qualifiers, and as well as that there's the annual review.

Chill your boots.

In Ireland the max anyone can go up is 1 shot no matter how many qualifiers you play. I thought that was rolled out across the UK too.

Anyway I'm not too bothered about that handicap side of things. It's the specific bunker lesson mucking up your Game. If you don't want to discuss it then that's fine.

Wolf

Visit site
Out of interest Bob why not.
It's not something I've ever thought about doing always been an old school open stance type and it's a strong point for me but I'm always intrigued by different techniques and seen a few people doing this so just wondering why you're such a strong advocate of not doing it in your professional opinion

brfcfan

Visit site
I've been kind of tinkering with the bag set-up for this year while it's still winter. Think I'm mostly sorted now but the Sure Out has caught my eye as a potential final addition.

I used to be very hit and miss with bunkers, eventually I started using this knackered Dunlop 60° that was found on a course and nobody claimed. That improved things simply because it was more loft really. But since I only use that in bunkers it means I could directly replace it with a Sure Out.

If I get one it would probably be the 64°, because 58 would be too close to my 56 as to be pointless. And I have seen they do it in 60 but it seems less common to get hold of.

Anyone using the 64° Sure Out? Does it do what it says on the tin and get you out of bunkers with ease? Easy for a hacker such as myself to use? Would it be noticeably better than a bog-standard 60° with the face slightly open?

Just as some extra info, the sand on the courses I play tends to vary, a lot of the time they're quite hard with not very much sand, which makes them more difficult to get out of. I'm not sure if a 64° with a big sole will make it easier or harder in that respect. Those are certainly the bunker shots I struggle with the most though, it's very hard to get under/behind the ball and you end up just blading it out miles, unless the front lip is low enough that I can strike the ball clean and kind of gently flop it out instead.

I used to be an awful bunker player, but several years ago I bought a 60 degree vokey with only a low bounce of 4. It have revolutionised my bunker play to the point that I probably get up and down 40% of the time.

Great thing about the low bounce is in bunkers with no sand its great and if there is a lot of sand you just hit closer to the ball and harder. I recommend this sort of club to anyone, with a 56 I found I wasnt committing to the shot, with a 60 I can hit the shot much harder. Trust me you will not regret it

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Chill your boots.

In Ireland the max anyone can go up is 1 shot no matter how many qualifiers you play. I thought that was rolled out across the UK too.

Anyway I'm not too bothered about that handicap side of things. It's the specific bunker lesson mucking up your Game. If you don't want to discuss it then that's fine.
That’s interesting. Will that change under the World Handicap System do you know?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That’s interesting. Will that change under the World Handicap System do you know?

I have no idea. I was under the impression everyone was using this atm.

I think it was brought in to stop bandits increasing their handicaps through sheer volume of games played.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
There will be soft cap of 3 and a hard cap of 5

Don't think this applies in England .

I think it was brought in to stop bandits increasing their handicaps through sheer volume of games played.

D

Deleted member 21258

I used to be an awful bunker player, but several years ago I bought a 60 degree vokey with only a low bounce of 4. It have revolutionised my bunker play to the point that I probably get up and down 40% of the time.

Great thing about the low bounce is in bunkers with no sand its great and if there is a lot of sand you just hit closer to the ball and harder. I recommend this sort of club to anyone, with a 56 I found I wasnt committing to the shot, with a 60 I can hit the shot much harder. Trust me you will not regret it

Agreed.

I very much gave up using a SW in bunkers for similar reasons a couple of years ago and the constant change due to rain and compacted sand.

I also use a 60 wedge which iirc has very little bounce and I tend to vary steepness of attack, shaft lean and/or the amount of sand I take depending on sand type and distance I wish to hit.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I also thought this was rolled out across the UK.

I like the idea and think it works.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

surely is also stops rapid deceases too?

Scotland doesn't have ESR and lots of juniors would be restricted in their progress, we had a few last year that went from 6/7 to scratch they wouldn't have been able to do that if they were only allowed 10 scores a year

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
surely is also stops rapid deceases too?

Scotland doesn't have ESR and lots of juniors would be restricted in their progress, we had a few last year that went from 6/7 to scratch they wouldn't have been able to do that if they were only allowed 10 scores a year

You aren't allowed 10 scores a year.

Let me rephrase it. You can only go up one full shot from your lowest handicap at any point in one year.