Anyone Here Using a Callaway Sure Out?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It just a bit preachy that’s all. He’s not asked for advice on his game, just opinions on a club.
I struggle with the thought of it. it shouldn’t be anywhere near my bag, ‘cos I’m a baller 🤣🤣🤣🤣 but it’s a good bit of kit that will probably help the OP.

I (we) should get a bunker lesson but that’s not what he asked
Thanks to you and the others who understood what was happening here. Thought I was going mad for a minute. :)

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Slightly connected to this..... what irritates me about all things bunkers is when, If you complain about the lie/sand etc some golf nause says ‘if you don’t like em, do go in em!!’
It makes me want to test if my sure out wedge applies to body cavities!!

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, I have a Callaway Sure Out 56 deg and it hasn't cured my bunker woes. Not the club's fault just the operator. My problem is that I don't get chance to practice in bunkers and despite having a bunker lesson at the start of last season I soon forgot all I was taught. Living 150 yards from the beach I am going to make a determined effort to go down there and practice my technique this year.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think people have read too much into the last paragraph. I wrote that stuff about our bunkers because usually when you ask about wedges, one of the first things people ask is 'what are the bunkers like at your course?' So in trying to head that off, I've wrongly given the impression I was looking for bunker help when really I just wanted to know if the Sure Out is any use when the bunkers are like that.

I think the challenge to answering this is that any club can be good or bad in such bunkers. More dependant is the efficiency of your bunker shots. If you have a tendency to thin it, for example, there is a good possibility that you will still thin it as the impact conditions will be pretty much the same.

I tried a similar style of wedge a couple of years ago and found it was just a bit gimmicky, the strike still had to be behind the ball, anything on the ball and it thins just like the Mizuno wedge I had at the time.

You really should try one, as everyone will have a different level of ability that means opinions aren't going to be much use to your game.

Good luck

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

Wolf

Visit site
Isn't it funny a guy asks for opinion on a club and gets told get a lesson. Always happens doesn't it someone asks advice on clubs and always get a lesson or a custom fit comes as first advice rather than just on the club.

Give it a go what you got to lose, if it helps the game and keeps you enjoying it why not. My old man has had similar bunker issues and got a Hot Blade Blaster wedge, he moves it and I have tried it and to be fair keeonthe blade square and just swing it and works every time