Anyone Here Using a Callaway Sure Out?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I haven't read all the posts but I bought a 64 degree Sure Out about a year ago as my bunker play was shocking. The plan was to use it until I learned how best to get out of bunkers then change back to my 56 degree sand iron. I loved the Sure Out so much that it's still in the bag even though I can use other clubs when I need more distance from bunkers. Its also great for flop shots from close distance.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For the price of a second hand one, i'd just get one and try. If you're not swinging correctly (i.e. a lesson is required) noones opinion on the club is going to help because theres no saying that you've got a comparable swing. For example i can't hit my 58 out of a bunker to save my life, however my 52 works wonders, haven't got around to having lessons on what i'm doing wrong on the 58 but until i've got time i'll just stick with what works.

get a cheap one, have a go and see, benefit is from a bunker doesn't really make as much difference what condition the clubs in.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Why would you ask the pro about a shovel?

Seriously am interested why you think a lesson with your current sand wedge wouldn't help you?

Isn't there a good pro up at Moor Park or Sandy Logde etc?
Even Ricky must have someone who does lessons if on a tight budget

Surely it’s cheaper and more fun to head down to camber sands and spend a few hours practising on the beach

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why would you ask the pro about a shovel?

Seriously am interested why you think a lesson with your current sand wedge wouldn't help you?

Isn't there a good pro up at Moor Park or Sandy Logde etc?
Even Ricky must have someone who does lessons if on a tight budget
I'll send you the same PM I sent Grant.
I've no idea where there is or isn't a good pro.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Stanmore golf range, where direct golf used to be, on the A5, just off the A41 has a practice bunker. It is 10 minutes from Watford, and you can book a lesson there with some top guys. I used to see James or Stuart, but they may have moved on. Either way, it is a facility you can use, and practice on.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Well you obviously struggle to read.

I read and understand perfectly well; your bunker play is that bad you are considering resorting to a shovel to get out of them consistently. The only shot in golf where you get a pass from striking the ball cleanly and you are looking for an automatic club with more loft than the one you currently use.

There is obviously a technique issue which you are trying to resolve by buying a club, and others have suggested that a lesson would be more useful. Your response , not for the first time, was a sarcastic comment. So I chose to respond in kind.

So crack on fella, buy the Sure Out. I look forward to the next post where it doesn’t work in hard/wet/bare bunkers. Have a nice day. 👍

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I read and understand perfectly well; your bunker play is that bad you are considering resorting to a shovel to get out of them consistently. The only shot in golf where you get a pass from striking the ball cleanly and you are looking for an automatic club with more loft than the one you currently use.

There is obviously a technique issue which you are trying to resolve by buying a club, and others have suggested that a lesson would be more useful. Your response , not for the first time, was a sarcastic comment. So I chose to respond in kind.

So crack on fella, buy the Sure Out. I look forward to the next post where it doesn’t work in hard/wet/bare bunkers. Have a nice day. 👍
If that's what you think then you've completely misunderstood. I just wanted to know if the Sure Out is any good, so I can replace the knackered piece of crap wedge I'm using now with it. Pretty simple really. I suggest you learn to read things properly instead of jumping to a conclusion, and then getting on your high horse based on your own incorrect conclusion.

D

Deleted member 1147

So is the technique for using the Callaway shovel different to using any other club?

Seve could open up a 4 iron and splash out of a bunker because his technique was good. So why you would buy that monstrosity instead of learning to do it properly I’ll never know!?!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Here's a question for some of you. If somebody asked you what the latest Tefal cookware was like to use, would your response be "Why don't you spend your money on cooking lessons and learn to use the burnt out old pots and pans you already have?"

If somebody asked you what the safety record of a new Volvo was, would your response be "Why don't you just get more driving lessons so you can drive your current rust bucket without crashing?"

No? Funny that.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Here's a question for some of you. If somebody asked you what the latest Tefal cookware was like to use, would your response be "Why don't you spend your money on cooking lessons and learn to use the burnt out old pots and pans you already have?"

If somebody asked you what the safety record of a new Volvo was, would your response be "Why don't you just get more driving lessons so you can drive your current rust bucket without crashing?"

No? Funny that.
But in your analogy, you can’t cook or drive so whatever pans or car you drive is irrelevant.
Sort you out!!! Not your clubs.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haven't tried one myself but a mate has one and his sand play has to be seen to be believed. Apparently it can be used to try those high pitch shots where you have short sided yourself and got a bunker/heavy rough to carry.

Golf Bidder have some for sale - 58 and 64 degree. Go on, spoil yourself. You know you want to.(y)

Just ignore all those who think that they know better than you about what you want or need.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like it because it because it means I don’t have to lay the club stupidly open, which invariably leads to me blading it or shanking it. It’s not a magic wand but the extra weight in the sole seems to help.

I guess my game must need fixing tho also because I’m an average bunker player 👍

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
You have been given advice from people who are much better golfers and more experienced than you are and are trying to help you.
If you decide to ignore them, that's up to you but in my professional opinion, you'd be wrong to ignore their advice.
Some of them are proper choppers 🤣🤣🤣🤣 It’s not about the post, but the poster