Anyone got any experience of snainton golf?

Visit site
I've just had a really bad experience with snainton golf. I thought it was reputable company. Just wondered if anyone else had any problems?

Basically ordered a Christmas gift 3 weeks in advance of christmas. Money taken out of my account almost instantly.
After not hearing anything from them for 2 weeks I called and was told that the item was out of stock. (It was still showing in Stock on the Web site). A bit of communication would have been nice.
With less than a week to Christmas I agreed to take delivery of a different colour item, with the assurance that there would be no problems exchanging it if the colour wasn't suitable for the receiver.
It turned out the colour wasn't OK so the item was taken back to the store. The item was not accepted for return as it had no labels.
It hadn't even been tried on by the recipient and no labels had been removed.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never had any issues with them at used many times without issues.
1 time the item I ordered was last in stock and damaged they refused to send and gave an upgrade.
Surprised to hear you has such problems.

DCB

Visit site
Great opening post, nice of you to let us know a little about yourself before putting the boot in to a retailer.

PS. Used Snainton many times and found comms excellent when items were delayed or not in stock ;)

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great opening post, nice of you to let us know a little about yourself before putting the boot in to a retailer.

PS. Used Snainton many times and found comms excellent when items were delayed or not in stock ;)

Brilliant can't fault them, really helpful too when I was trying to source a particular item.

Ditto, always given great service.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've just had a really bad experience with snainton golf. I thought it was reputable company. Just wondered if anyone else had any problems?

Basically ordered a Christmas gift 3 weeks in advance of christmas. Money taken out of my account almost instantly.
After not hearing anything from them for 2 weeks I called and was told that the item was out of stock. (It was still showing in Stock on the Web site). A bit of communication would have been nice.
With less than a week to Christmas I agreed to take delivery of a different colour item, with the assurance that there would be no problems exchanging it if the colour wasn't suitable for the receiver.
It turned out the colour wasn't OK so the item was taken back to the store. The item was not accepted for return as it had no labels.

to be fair to the OP I've had similar with Snainton.

Up till then I couldnt fault them and praised them and defended them on here regularly.

However, they are only human and do make mistakes, it's how they handle these mistakes that counts.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've posted before on them, bought a bag and it was late, chased up and they said it was a courier issue and they would chase re courier up, bag arrived a day or 2 later with the courier collection date the same as the date I called. I don't mind mistakes or forgetting to send stuff but I hate lies, had they admitted they forget to send it i'd have understood but don't lie to me. I haven't used them since.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I've posted before on them, bought a bag and it was late, chased up and they said it was a courier issue and they would chase re courier up, bag arrived a day or 2 later with the courier collection date the same as the date I called. I don't mind mistakes or forgetting to send stuff but I hate lies, had they admitted they forget to send it i'd have understood but don't lie to me. I haven't used them since.

My view also!

And I've sent several online suppliers an 'I no longer trust you so won't deal with you any more' notification for exactly that sort of incident.

Never had a problem with Snainton though.

Visit site

Hi my name is Duncan, I used to play a lot of golf, but not so much now, however from time to time do have a requirement to purchase golf equipment for myself or other family members as gifts. I'm not sure what other users would like to know about me, but if there is anything that would be at all relevant to my post that I've missed I apologise.

I do most of my shopping online and as such rely heavily on other peoples views on retailers. I have never felt the need to leave a review on a retailer myself, but having been let down and lied to by this supplier I felt the need to let off some steam, and [put the boot in], state the facts about my experience.

it doesn't surprise me that 90% of reviews for this shop contradict mine, as putting an item in an envelope and sending it out in good time shouldn't be fraught with difficulties. However when this can't be done, common courtesy suggests that problems can be resolved with good communication and when promises are made they should be honoured.

Scotty Cameron

Head Pro
Visit site
@ Duncan
you posted the same on another Golf Forum (your one and only post there), seems like you have a bee in your bonnet with Snainton. I personally have bought loads from them and never had a problem. Just out of curiosity what exactly did you buy as it is unclear on both this and the other forum.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

I'm also a bit confused about the bit in bold!

ForeRighty

Head Pro
Visit site
Used Snainton Golf a lot, they are in my opinion best for price and delivery never experienced a problem returned stuff and that too was dealt with very prompt.

I will continue to use them without any hesitation.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hi my name is Duncan, I used to play a lot of golf, but not so much now, however from time to time do have a requirement to purchase golf equipment for myself or other family members as gifts. I'm not sure what other users would like to know about me, but if there is anything that would be at all relevant to my post that I've missed I apologise.

I do most of my shopping online and as such rely heavily on other peoples views on retailers. I have never felt the need to leave a review on a retailer myself, but having been let down and lied to by this supplier I felt the need to let off some steam, and [put the boot in], state the facts about my experience.

it doesn't surprise me that 90% of reviews for this shop contradict mine, as putting an item in an envelope and sending it out in good time shouldn't be fraught with difficulties. However when this can't be done, common courtesy suggests that problems can be resolved with good communication and when promises are made they should be honoured.

thats the part I cant abide and the reason I have gone from regular buyer to not using them again. I cannot tolerate lies in any walk of life.

Visit site
@scotty cameron yes I do have a bee in my bonnet for the reasons mentioned. E-merchandising depends massively on good customer service, how else can you differentiate between the hundreds of sites selling the same gear at the same price.

The item I wanted was a footjoy chill out golf jumper in blue. What I got was the same in black.

@foxholer there is a walk in store in snainton nr. Scarborough.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
@ Duncan
you posted the same on another Golf Forum (your one and only post there), seems like you have a bee in your bonnet with Snainton. I personally have bought loads from them and never had a problem. Just out of curiosity what exactly did you buy as it is unclear on both this and the other forum.
I don't see the relevance.