Any "groups" of golfers not members of a club?

Hobbituk

Visit site
Hi all

I hope I'm not the only one in this situation, and joined the forum to have a read and see if there was anything mentioned about this but couldn't find anything specific

short story - I'm wondering if there is anyone else in the Surrey/Berkshire/Hampshire area that isn't a member of a club that plays regularly and fancies a game on a regular basis at various courses

long story - I've been playing golf for a couple of years and mainly play with two friends. One is very good (scratch) and is a member of a club in Winchester, the other is similar to me (currently off 19 though inconsistent scoring depending on how much I'm playing) and we play near where we work and live (Maidenhead and Camberley area, and anywhere between)

i I therefore play around 5 courses regularly but haven't joined anywhere. I would quite like to play a bit more (currently twice a week on average)

i did consider joining Camberley Heath as I've read good things and it's 5mins away, but as neither friend lives near me, I don't really fancy paying to play elsewhere on a regular basis as well as being a member there, so find myself in a difficult situation

So either I'm in a unique position as most join a club, or maybe there are others that would like to play regular games in the area and fancy trying different courses

or, as I'm new to the game, there's something else I'm missing!

any thoughts from others on here, or is anyone else in the same situation?

Neil