Angry golfers who won't practice or take lessons...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My mate off scratch is the worst bunker player I have met.
If he goes in a bunker he’s toast.

I have tried numerous times to teach him to open the face and present the bounce to the sand.
But he rolls his wrists on every shot and he’s brilliant at it but that dosnt work in sand.

You can see the frustration on his face and mine 😳
He’s been like this for over 30 yrs.

But as he says “ I don’t go in a bunker very often”🙈

I am reminded of Jack Nicklaus's reply once when asked why he took 2 shots to get out of a bunker at an Open

"I never go in them often enough........."

Morfeen75

Visit site
We have a Mr Angry in our swindle, his club throwing technique is better than his actual swing. Theres only a couple of us who will play with him. I find it funny so often try to offer advice whenever he shanks one. He usually replies with a muttering of eff's & jeff's.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think so.
But even if they cant hear or feel the duff, they're going see the different ball flight
I'm quite good at feeling it on the clubface so I know where about I hit it and there is definitely a change of noise. I like to test myself and if someone I know is hitting balls either side of me I'll hear a bad strike and say "that sound a bit off the toe'/heel/fat/thin" Get more right than not so at least my perception of a decent strike isn't too bad