Annual review reduction

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When's yours done. Reason I ask, played in a nine holer today and a PP said your Hcap is 18.6. I told him he is wrong it's 19.6. He assured me he had seen it on the computer. I mentioned the club pro filled me details in on a score card on Tuesday and put it down at 19. Ave just had a quick look and it is deffo 18.6. I have been dropped 1 shot' Booyakka sha.
Anyway I also had a look as to when it was done.. 30th October last year 😳😳😳😳😳 ave played five comps since then. So when's yours done.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Should be done close to the year end - and any changes are required to be notified to the respective players. Posting them to the system is not sufficient.

And congrats!

Tashyboy

Visit site
Cheers Duncan me man. Chuffed to bits with it. Oddly enough i thought i have had a so so year so was not expecting owt.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some clubs do one Octoberish and another early January depending if qualifiers are played through the winter.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hope you didn't win anything..:eek:

If players have to be notified but aren't......is it the player's fault of they play off too high a handicap in a situation like this..?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would you not get an email notification from How Did I Do? That is what usually happens when you have a handicap change.

One thought, your club don't have winter handicaps do they? Our place has them and it runs separately to your proper one. Come April 1st it gets discounted and your proper handicap returns.

Well done on the reduction by the way.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
WE did ours for implementation on the 31st December. We are normally February or March but the recommendation that came out of county was to do it before the year end as part of the prep for the World handicap system coming in next year.

As the Annual review is something to be expected I doubt there is a need to notify individuals.

We send out a general email to all members saying the annual handicap review has been done and we put up notices to the same effect around the club house including right next to the scores input computer telling players to check their handicaps before submitting scorecards.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
As the Annual review is something to be expected I doubt there is a need to notify individuals.

The CONGU rules say that any individual whose handicap is adjusted on Annual Review must be informed of the change as they cannot be anticipated by the player. From Tashy's post it seem quite clear that he was not informed and has played 5 comps with an incorrect handicap.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
out review was done sometime in december I think.

Despite having given a few of guys on the committee a real thrashing in matches they didn't touch my handicap this year, survived it! however i do know that a full email went out for those who were hit by it!

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
I got an email from the club in early January informing me my handicap was being increased as part of the annual review. Hardly a surprise after the awful year I had last year 🙈

Tashyboy

Visit site
Hope you didn't win anything..:eek:

If players have to be notified but aren't......is it the player's fault of they play off too high a handicap in a situation like this..?

As it happens I didn't. Oddly enough I play as many nine hole comps as I do 18, and even when knew my hcap I was never sure how many shots I got in comps whether it was nine or ten. Coz we have the new intelligent golf, even the lads in the shop used to say go with what the computer says re shots when you enter scores.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
End of the year for us, which seems logical. Last year I got an email in early January confirming I had been cut 1 shot in the end of year annual review. This year I didn't get one though, so I can only assume they did this for other people at around the same time.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
We do ours in the last two weeks of December so that any adjustments fall after the last comp in December and before the first comp of the New Year.

Tashyboy

Visit site
The CONGU rules say that any individual whose handicap is adjusted on Annual Review must be informed of the change as they cannot be anticipated by the player. From Tashy's post it seem quite clear that he was not informed and has played 5 comps with an incorrect handicap.
Oh I am gonna enjoy walking into the club shop on Tuesday, cheers Jim me man.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Either that or he just doesn't read his emails!

Tashyboy

Visit site
Either that or he just doesn't read his emails!

I read every email from the club and they are usually well informed. As mentioned oddly enough every year at the club I have looked quite closely to see if I have had any cuts coz I have usually played quite well and won some good brass. This year seems to of been a bit of a stinker, with ironically my best score of 42 whilst playing at Sheringham, so never bothered looking.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I read every email from the club and they are usually well informed. As mentioned oddly enough every year at the club I have looked quite closely to see if I have had any cuts coz I have usually played quite well and won some good brass. This year seems to of been a bit of a stinker, with ironically my best score of 42 whilst playing at Sheringham, so never bothered looking.
Tashy maybe the handicap sec has been on here and seen all your posts about you smashing it, and given you a good old fashioned GP cut;)

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
One thought, your club don't have winter handicaps do they? Our place has them and it runs separately to your proper one. Come April 1st it gets discounted and your proper handicap returns.

Seriously, how does that work ? What’s the point of it ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Seriously, how does that work ? What’s the point of it ?
club i was a member of some 9 years ago had them, course was very very short and 2 of the long holes were cut by 100 yards each at least but remained par 5's. most of the guys that were 20 plus were all off single figures in winter. not sure they still do it though