Mullion GC - Lizard peninsula

cunnini

Visit site
On holiday in Cornwall for a big family get together, staying near Hayle, and my 11 year old son and I took our clubs with us. He has only really played this year, and hadn't yet played 18 holes so was looking for somewhere friendly, not too difficult but still challenging, and can hire a buggy so he didn't get too tired (whingy!) and then at the last minute younger brother and niece's boyfriend ask to join us - they didn't have clubs so also needed somewhere you could hire clubs from. I love the Lizard peninsula, so decided upon Mullion.

I stopped there to enquire/book on the Monday - fantastic welcome from the Pro Shop, yes to club hire, yes to my Cambs County card giving discount, and even took discount from my sons junior green fee also!

Wednesday turned up early and we had a great lunch in the clubhouse - simple food but well done. Out onto the course........ a great layout, son could play from the black (beginners) tees, and we played from Yellows - greens had recently been top-dressed i think, but still receptive and true. Good condition fairways, good bunkering - nearly lost my son in one it was that deep!

We let a few groups through, as we were slow going with my son, then also brother and niece's boyfriend who are relative beginners, but great fun. We even talked about it becoming an annual event......

Amazing views from the course, other than the 15 minutes or so he sea mist came in mid-afternoon, but that added to the drama and effect.

Would i recommend? Definitely - great welcome, great course, great views
Ian

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Reading this reminds me of the best par 3 thread. I love the view when stood on the 8th tee. 17th tee is the most southerly part of a golf course on mainland UK.