American golf double value trade in

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The advert I seen on TV last night seemed to suggest that you can use the total value of trade in to purchase multiple clubs. Not sure if they have changed the T&C's but if not the advert is misleading.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone successfully taken something back which was bought with a trade in?
Seems a bit cheeky but I may try and use it to my advantage if it's possible.
If you have their club card you get a 30 day satisfaction guarantee . I have done it 3 times, but exchanged for other items though.
Las night i returned my m2 3 hybrid and got a pair of footjoy pro sl shoes and golf balls.

I did well out of the deal as i had a 10% voucher for the hybrid and got £121 for a club i traded in so i paid around £13 for the hybrid.

Dont think they will give money back, the best they will do is a gift card.

Qbduncan

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have the Cleveland 588 TT irons which have plastic panel on the back of the clubs. These are missing on a number of clubs so golf bidder refused to take them, does anyone know if American Golf will be any different? On the valuation guide they'd offer me more money than you can purchase them new for!

They accepted my irons, laughed at the backs not being there and told me they'd taken way worse. Gone for an M2 driver instead.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was hoping to trade in a set of ping irons for a set of wedges, but our local AG said it was one item for one item. So I would only get one wedge... I ended up with a 3 W just because I haven't got one. Had fun trying them all... I hit m1&2, cobra f7, callaway epic, 917. Ended up with the epic. Was similar to m2, but cost £50 more so better value for money on the trade in...

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If my use of the value guide is right, last years m1 should get a trade in value of £224. My local ag has a few in the usedrack for this price. Should they still honour this pga price even if its obvious they will make £0 on the sale (well, a loss if you include storage, display, bills etc)?

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If my use of the value guide is right, last years m1 should get a trade in value of £224. My local ag has a few in the usedrack for this price. Should they still honour this pga price even if its obvious they will make £0 on the sale (well, a loss if you include storage, display, bills etc)?

In my store, the price they are selling all the used gear is at the price they paid for it. Well, they have added £1 to the price. They will most likely offer you the trade in value, but in some cases they don't. Worth ringing the store and checking.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
In my store, the price they are selling all the used gear is at the price they paid for it. Well, they have added £1 to the price. They will most likely offer you the trade in value, but in some cases they don't. Worth ringing the store and checking.

They are doing this at my local AG aswell and its not selling,after all who wants to pay double its value :confused:.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just saw the AG double trade in TV ad. That is one seriously misleading advert. If you read the small print it declsres 1:1 trades but the depiction of the old boy getting multiple items is just too much IMO. Someone at AG needs there bozfelt for that one.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just saw the AG double trade in TV ad. That is one seriously misleading advert. If you read the small print it declsres 1:1 trades but the depiction of the old boy getting multiple items is just too much IMO. Someone at AG needs there bozfelt for that one.
Maybe the Old boy took his initial purchase back and got store credit :whistle:

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

That was my first thought, but then I realised it didn't say what clubs he traded in. Could have been a driver, set of irons and a putter.

There is something misleading though unless I was told wrong in the shop, and that's the kid that got his first clubs. I was told I couldn't trade in for kids clubs.

Iain1133

Visit site
Anyone took advantage of this yet???Using the pga value guide they will give you double. Seems too good to be true.What's the catch? Lol
one of the catches is the the exchange rate as the valuations are given in dollars from the PGA site and they use an exchange rate of 1.5 dollars to the pound when actually it is around 1.2