American golf double value trade in

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks Paul just seen my 915 is down £25 in the pga value guide from the other day. Was £158 now £133 so will sell wrench on the bay to claw some back

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Am I right in thinking you can't use the trade in value on a second hand club

Anyone know if they still stock the 2016 M1/M2 and how much they are?

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Am I right in thinking you can't use the trade in value on a second hand club

Anyone know if they still stock the 2016 M1/M2 and how much they are?

New clubs only.

Most stores wont have any new ones left in stock. They can order from the website if it is still in stock there.

No custom fit options available though as far as I am aware

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
I'm still undecided about taking up the American Golf double value trade-in offer to swap my current Aeroburner and irons for something else.

Budget is tight being a one-salary family just now and a new grandkid just arrived, so I'm not looking to spend much, if at all, on changing the big stick so M2/Epic are out.

The Aeroburner can balloon occasionally, which is why I'm looking to potentially change. I was impressed with the Benross HTX driver, which having had the AG fitting came out at 12 degree on a stiff shaft, which I was surprised about as I don't really have the swing speed to make proper use of a stiff. Nevertheless, I trialled the 10.5 version in stiff which I was only launching at 9.5 degrees; but it was carrying about the same as my 12-degree Aeroburner with some additional roll on top, and my dispersion was a lot tighter.

The 12 degree version of the HTX is only available in regular; but the Type-R is adjustable to 12 degrees and can be had in stiff, although the CG weight is more in the middle of the head, rather than towards the back as it is in the standard HTX. It is supposed to give a more penetrating flight with less spin, but I can't trial the club as AG won't order it in unless I commit to buying which I won't do without having a hit with it first.

As to the Type-R irons, they were a good half-club longer than my current ones with similar ball flight; however, their spin rate compared to the Pings is about 50%; my 7-iron spins around 6000 with range balls, but the Benross irons were around 2900-3200.. fitter suggested this may be down to the demo club being standard lie, and I'm 2 degrees upright on the lie-board.

I'm worried that level of spin will have me struggling to stop a ball on a hard summer green compared to the current sponges we're playing on at the moment. It didn't seem to affect launch though, which has me a little confused.

I'll take your advice now. :thup:

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm still undecided about taking up the American Golf double value trade-in offer to swap my current Aeroburner and irons for something else.

Budget is tight being a one-salary family just now and a new grandkid just arrived, so I'm not looking to spend much, if at all, on changing the big stick so M2/Epic are out.

The Aeroburner can balloon occasionally, which is why I'm looking to potentially change. I was impressed with the Benross HTX driver, which having had the AG fitting came out at 12 degree on a stiff shaft, which I was surprised about as I don't really have the swing speed to make proper use of a stiff. Nevertheless, I trialled the 10.5 version in stiff which I was only launching at 9.5 degrees; but it was carrying about the same as my 12-degree Aeroburner with some additional roll on top, and my dispersion was a lot tighter.

The 12 degree version of the HTX is only available in regular; but the Type-R is adjustable to 12 degrees and can be had in stiff, although the CG weight is more in the middle of the head, rather than towards the back as it is in the standard HTX. It is supposed to give a more penetrating flight with less spin, but I can't trial the club as AG won't order it in unless I commit to buying which I won't do without having a hit with it first.

As to the Type-R irons, they were a good half-club longer than my current ones with similar ball flight; however, their spin rate compared to the Pings is about 50%; my 7-iron spins around 6000 with range balls, but the Benross irons were around 2900-3200.. fitter suggested this may be down to the demo club being standard lie, and I'm 2 degrees upright on the lie-board.

I'm worried that level of spin will have me struggling to stop a ball on a hard summer green compared to the current sponges we're playing on at the moment. It didn't seem to affect launch though, which has me a little confused.

I'll take your advice now. :thup:

Not too sure about the driver.

But all reviews I've looked at on the irons are the same.

Clubs go a mile but spin rates are very very low. I guess it depends what you are looking for, if you need pure distance then go for them. If you find you dont struggle with distance that much then stick with the pings as they will give you much more control. I have also heard that the distances on the Benross are variable which I assume is down to the spin rates.

I have one of the 3 woods and I love it. Club goes a mile and even at 14 degrees I can launch it pretty high.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was in looking at putters today and the guy said don't forget we have offering double trade in. I gave him the make and model of a putter I have and he looked it up and said that's worth £15. I said so you will allow me £30 quid then, to be told no £15 is the doubled value :(.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I was in looking at putters today and the guy said don't forget we have offering double trade in. I gave him the make and model of a putter I have and he looked it up and said that's worth £15. I said so you will allow me £30 quid then, to be told no £15 is the doubled value :(.

What putter is it? All the values are on the PGA value guide site.