American golf double value trade in

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Well pga say my putter is minimum of $130. American golf offered me 52. So 104 total.

Looks like they're aren't always as fair as they claim.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just been to AG got a great offer on my Irons, doubled it and walked out with a new Ping G 3 Wood. very happy.

JohnF

Club Champion
Visit site
I sent them a link to the pga and asked why the low offer. Have had no response.

The answer is got from them in the shop was " that is what they are worth today". When I told them pga.com still has them at the same price they still couldn't answer it.

D

Deleted member 16999

The answer is got from them in the shop was " that is what they are worth today". When I told them pga.com still has them at the same price they still couldn't answer it.

As above posted, when in today and got the offer very close to PGA website.
PGA website is a guide not a definite though.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have been offered £158 For my ping G30's 5-PW which doubled up to £316. PGA.com was at $237 I assume they have an exchange rate for usd to pounds conversion.

I'm sure that some will get great deals and others won't, for me at the price offered I would prefer to sell private as I think I could get more.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Have been offered £158 For my ping G30's 5-PW which doubled up to £316. PGA.com was at $237 I assume they have an exchange rate for usd to pounds conversion.

I'm sure that some will get great deals and others won't, for me at the price offered I would prefer to sell private as I think I could get more.

they use 1.5 to convert from USD to GBP....as dictated by head office according to one of the lads in my local AG....even though the spot rate is closer to 1.32.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
they use 1.5 to convert from USD to GBP....as dictated by head office according to one of the lads in my local AG....even though the spot rate is closer to 1.32.

Yes, that's the conversion, my nephew works in a branch and told me how it works

PGA value guide, for price, divide by 1.5, then doubled to get "double trade in price"

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Not sure you'd get much more, 340-360 on eBay, less 10% selling fees
Not much in it really
But trading without the hassle of listing, selling and posting

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not sure you'd get much more, 340-360 on eBay, less 10% selling fees
Not much in it really
But trading without the hassle of listing, selling and posting

Maybe but I'm always worried about trading in clubs - what if after a month I don't like them and wish I had my old ones.........

To be fair my Pings are lovely clubs and I play well with them so don't really need to change.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought a used set of Nike vr forged for £90
Simply to trade on this deal
Part ex against a fairway wood
Cost me £1 to get a new Ping G 3 wood, so was real happy

I've my eyes on another set of irons, to trade for another club on this deal again.
Just a little research, searching local for-sales, check the PGA guide price, good deals to be had

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive just done alright from this.

Asked For a price on my 2014 scotty golo 5 and was told £180

Decent price I thought. I only paid 140 for it

Then I spotted a mint 'second hand' new model scotty golo 5 on the shelf for....

You guessed it

I literally swapped to the new putter for free. Ha

I also traded in my sm4's for brand new Md3 callaways.

Saved a pretty penny on those too.

Good deal I think.

JohnF

Club Champion
Visit site
Yes, that's the conversion, my nephew works in a branch and told me how it works

PGA value guide, for price, divide by 1.5, then doubled to get "double trade in price"

Why 1.5?? If you are converting £ to $ yes that's right, but if they converting a price in $ to £ it should 0.75 going by the exchange rates.

So to me it looks like they are doing everyone out of money.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why 1.5?? If you are converting £ to $ yes that's right, but if they converting a price in $ to £ it should 0.75 going by the exchange rates.

So to me it looks like they are doing everyone out of money.

No it wouldn't
£ to $ you would multiply by 1.5, not divide

Besides, I don't know the reason behind the formula, just how they meet the prices.

Currently £1 is $1.32
So not quite £1 to $1.50
Yes, the conversion is defo in their favour.
But still good deals to be had

Edit -- $1 = 75p
Currently
American golf are giving almost 67p
No biggee really

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
No it wouldn't
£ to $ you would multiply by 1.5, not divide

Besides, I don't know the reason behind the formula, just how they meet the prices.

Currently £1 is $1.32
So not quite £1 to $1.50
Yes, the conversion is defo in their favour.
But still good deals to be had

Edit -- $1 = 75p
Currently
American golf are giving almost 67p
No biggee really

Its not great though is it. That's 10% off, then they doubt it. So losing approx 20% of what the true value should be.

If if they're gonna claim an offer then do it accurately.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do they have a big 2nd hand shop somewhere? There'll be hundreds if not thousands of clubs traded in. Wonder what there plans are for them?

I know they used to have an eBay shop, but that's well gone

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've just been in, and 3 items that pga.com valued at $235, $100 and $150 I was offered £300, £125 and £175 for.

Pretty good imo compared to what I think I could sell them for. Might upgrade my woods while the offer is on.

I know "they would say that", but I asked how much longer the double value is likely to be on for and they thought it might not be too much longer because they have an absolute shed-load of second hand clubs now.