American golf double value trade in

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I bought a set of second hand wedges off here for £75, got £96 for them a year later when trading in for the new Clevelands. Also got £40 for a 3W that is selling new for £48 to go against the M1 fairway. No complaints from me!

D

Deleted member 16999

I've just been in, and 3 items that pga.com valued at $235, $100 and $150 I was offered £300, £125 and £175 for.

Pretty good imo compared to what I think I could sell them for. Might upgrade my woods while the offer is on.

I know "they would say that", but I asked how much longer the double value is likely to be on for and they thought it might not be too much longer because they have an absolute shed-load of second hand clubs now.

I asked how long the offer is on for, the small print on the signs in the shop say until 10 or 11 November 2016, but then underneath it says American Golf reserves the right to withdraw the offer without prior notice

carwynedwards9

Club Champion
Visit site
I have a mint set of Titleist AP2 714, they offered me £153 doubled up to £306. Not bad considering I only paid £250 for them, but not worth changing and spending an extra £300-400 on a new set of 716's or the new Mizunos. Will be keeping mine for another couple of years

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Got quotes on a couple of hybrids on Monday, both recent Callaways, £88 on one (£13 more than I'd paid) & £80 on the other (£20 less than I'd paid) which were good, but only £50 on a practically new Big Bertha 3 wood, which was considerably less than paid.

The good news is the threats obviously worked as they all behaved very nicely last night. :D

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just food for thought

Am looking a new driver so great I can get possibly around 100 quid for my g20.

So Say I go for 915 today. I will get it 150 but have to take the stock shaft. So were I win with the high trade in value I lose out in the fact the club only comes with one shaft. And also the 915 driver can be picked up in a fair few places now for 200. So were is the saving?

So would you really be getting a deal?

Seems to me the drivers are a little dearer than most online sellers. Maybe one place might have a few driver dearer and some cheaper.

I can't say it's a bad deal hell I am interested in getting any driver at 10.5 stiff (just not cobra) but from what am seeing online I don't see anything that makes me want to jump off my seat and travel the 75 miles to my nearest store..

If I sold my driver private I might only get 50 quid. But with 50 cash and the WWW at my finger tips. I feel that I might be able to beat any overall deal that American golf are currently do.

It's like they are keeping everything mid season prices. And offering the trade in to make money now over the next month or so. But the reality might be that come Jan you can sell your own gear via eBay etc and still be sitting with the new gear and not have spent anymore money than as you think you have saved now. If that makes sense lol

Edit but another way to look it at and I guess a lot do this is to get all the impulse buys you have made out of the shed and take them down to your local store and pick yourself up something nice and new plus clear so space

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Just food for thought

So Say I go for 915 today. I will get it 150 but have to take the stock shaft. So were I win with the high trade in value I lose out in the fact the club only comes with one shaft. And also the 915 driver can be picked up in a fair few places now for 200. So were is the saving?

Seems to me the drivers are a little dearer than most online sellers. Maybe one place might have a few driver dearer and some cheaper.

I can't say it's a bad deal hell I am interested in getting any driver at 10.5 stiff (just not cobra) but from what am seeing online I don't see anything that makes me want to jump off my seat and travel the 75 miles to my nearest store..

If I sold my driver private I might only get 50 quid. But with 50 cash and the WWW at my finger tips. I feel that I might be able to beat any overall deal that American golf are currently do.

It's like they are keeping everything mid season prices. And offering the trade in to make money now over the next month or so. But the reality might be that come Jan you can sell your own gear via eBay etc and still be sitting with the new gear and not have spent anymore money than as you think you have saved now. If that makes sense lol

Edit but another way to look it at and I guess a lot do this is to get all the impulse buys you have made out of the shed and take them down to your local store and pick yourself up something nice and new plus clear so space
The AG in Sunderland stocks it with various shafts in regular and stiff,

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just food for thought

Wrong...!!!!

They stock this club in store in various shafts
They will custom fit you and order the required shaft, on this deal too
Lastly, they will also price match any other reputable retailer for price on your new purchase and still apply the double value trade

So don't get what you're getting at....??

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wrong...!!!!

Lastly, they will also price match any other reputable retailer for price on your new purchase and still apply the double value trade

Is this a fact that they price match as well as the double trade in? When I got my wedges yesterday they said its one or the other...

D

Deleted member 16999

Wrong...!!!!

Sorry mate, but your info is wrong, they can order in, but the small print says the double trade cannot be used with any other offers, I tried the other day and they won't do both double up and price match at the same time,

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good to know about the shafts as i said dont live near any AG stores.

So out of interest the 915 (as a example) shafts that come with the driver as a stock options they dont charge any extra for even if they have to order it in after your custom fit?

also do the charge for a custom fit?

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Is this a fact that they price match as well as the double trade in? When I got my wedges yesterday they said its one or the other...

this is the point am trying to make, if you trading in stuff that you have laying about then i guess its good as its stuff you maybe dont use or cant sell on.

but in other hand to trade in something your using to get double value on trade in and then being charged more for the product in the first place is it that good a deal?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry mate, but your info is wrong, they can order in, but the small print says the double trade cannot be used with any other offers, I tried the other day and they won't do both double up and price match at the same time,

Paul
My info defo isn't wrong mate
I bought a couple of items at 1 of the local stores, Ping G fairway £199 price matched to £179 and Ping G rescue £179 price matched to £149
Served by the assistant manager
Both deals on the double part ex deal

So it's not just info mate
It's fact
As in I've done it

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Terms and conditions on the website with regards this offer, makes no mention of what you say

D

Deleted member 16999

Terms and conditions on the website with regards this offer, makes no mention of what you say

http://www.americangolf.co.uk/content/pricematch-guarantee.html

Went to Sunderland AG Monday to trade in my 915 D2 for £180.00 showed them the website for £199.00 for a new one for price match, new driver same spec for £20.00.

Manager showed me T&C's for price match (link above) clearly states can't be used with any other offer so wouldn't give me it.

You got it mate, great, but I think the Staff messed up.

D

Deleted member 16999

Paul......you will just have to shop at my store next time mate ;)

What were you looking to trade the 915 in against then??

Another 915 😃 Mine is 22 months old so to get a brand new one same spec for 20 quid with 12 month guarantee etc

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Paul
My info defo isn't wrong mate
I bought a couple of items at 1 of the local stores, Ping G fairway £199 price matched to £179 and Ping G rescue £179 price matched to £149
Served by the assistant manager
Both deals on the double part ex deal

So it's not just info mate
It's fact
As in I've done it

I went into Camberley last week with my old MD2 wedge. Had a nice KBS CTaper shaft but head was in OK condition. Tried selling on here & eBay, couldn't get rid of it. They offered me £30 for it.

Wanted a Nike Engage wedge - £99 in store. Golf Worx selling them for £69.99. They price matched and took the trade in. So I only paid £39.99 for the wedge. Very pleased. They said they are happy to trade in and price match.

D

Deleted member 16999

I went into Camberley last week with my old MD2 wedge. Had a nice KBS CTaper shaft but head was in OK condition. Tried selling on here & eBay, couldn't get rid of it. They offered me £30 for it.

Wanted a Nike Engage wedge - £99 in store. Golf Worx selling them for £69.99. They price matched and took the trade in. So I only paid £39.99 for the wedge. Very pleased. They said they are happy to trade in and price match.
Great if you get it, unfortunately the guy I came across wouldn't budge.