Air Fryers … any good / recommendations

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And if you are a family doing more than one course you'll be operating the oven and/or hobs and/or microwave to gat all the dishes cooked for the same tme.

Ok for 'sad' ready meals for one!

Much like an oven then....

You still require the hob, microwave to complete the courses ..

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a bit weird the anti air fryer stuff but hey ho.

I'd say the only downside I've found is a decent sized pizza doesn't fit in and it tries to burn me on a far too regular basis!!

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's a bit weird the anti air fryer stuff but hey ho.

I'd say the only downside I've found is a decent sized pizza doesn't fit in and it tries to burn me on a far too regular basis!!

Got to think Amanda, air fryers, cheaper to run than an oven, cheaper to replace than an oven and can replace yourself very easily.

Some people will want it to fail for their own interests

Others are just grumpy ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Talking to a guy and his wife today, ( he was in Britains got talent semi finalist as the terminator) anyway we were talking about diets and air fryers and he never knew you could make chips in them. ???

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got to think Amanda, air fryers, cheaper to run than an oven, cheaper to replace than an oven and can replace yourself very easily.

Some people will want it to fail for their own interests

Others are just grumpy ?

What interests are they then?
If you consider a product that is almost impossible to repair becuase there are no spares available and thus when it goes wrong is landfill, explain to me how that's good for the enviroment and who's interests that serves?

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not necessarily anti, Amanda, nor grumpy, Paul. I was merely enquiring about what, if any, advantage having an air frier was over a halogen oven. The responses were disappointing to say the least and I'm not sure that the no one else on the Forum uses one comment was accurate. When we had our kitchen gutted and rebuilt, for several weeks we only had a kettle and halogen oven in the lounge for cooking and yet we were able to do a full roast in it complete with roast tatties, parsnips and carrots plus steamed veggies. You can even bake cakes in them.

Oh! Nearly forgot. You can even cook chips in them if you really want to ;)

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow, this is becoming the new LIV thread ?
Ps my pork was superb? Never knew you could pressure cook in a conventional oven ??

But my oven goes further, costs less to get and suits my life better

Oh wait that's the EV thread. Forget it's the same names appearing every couple weeks to remind us why they don't have one ?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not necessarily anti, Amanda, nor grumpy, Paul. I was merely enquiring about what, if any, advantage having an air frier was over a halogen oven. The responses were disappointing to say the least and I'm not sure that the no one else on the Forum uses one comment was accurate. When we had our kitchen gutted and rebuilt, for several weeks we only had a kettle and halogen oven in the lounge for cooking and yet we were able to do a full roast in it complete with roast tatties, parsnips and carrots plus steamed veggies. You can even bake cakes in them.

My opinion.....is that halogen has always been a good cooking method, whether oven or hob. However I suspect production costs are such that the margins made are inferior to other forms of cooking which is why halogen has been pushed to the back somewhat.
Back in the late 80 and early 90's, haolgen hobs were seen as the way forward, for efficiency and speed compared to ceramic hob but they had a fair price difference. Now, I don't know anyone who makes a halogen hob, and the halogen elements that you can get to repair those halogen hobs still out there are stupid price.

D

Deleted member 15344

we have some Tefal one , bought by the parents for us - it seems pretty decent but we didn’t really eat much fried food anyway

This is a decent article on them

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324849#air-fryers-vs-other-cooking-methods

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Everybody's lives are different so I don't see why different views on air friers should upset anyone or really matter.