Air Fryers … any good / recommendations

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
We have a Sur La Table Air Fryer from Costco. It gets used almost every day. The thing to remember is that it doesn't just fry, it also bakes, re-heats, roasts, broils, etc.
We actually think most food tastes better in it, and it cooks so much quicker. We often use the bake function on it.
We very rarely use the oven now. Most of the cooking is carried out in the Air Fryer.
The trays are easy to clean with soap and water, but we also use paper trays to cook the food on, and we have just bought some silicon liners and they seemed to work pretty well.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ours was an utter godsend whilst we renovated the kitchen, that said now we have a brand new oven in the new kitchen we are using the airfryer a fair bit less, maybe helps that the oven has "airfry" function, either that or its new shiny toy syndrome

NeilV

Visit site
Still using our multicooker regularly, and just added a second 2 drawer one to the stable. Probably not getting quite the same use as when we first got it, but not far off. We cook a mixture of regular favourites and new experiments.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Use ours daily, it's a 15 in 1 multi cooker but has the air fry function.
Pressure cooked some spuds in it on Saturday, on Sunday I sauted some veg, added leftover brisket, stock etc flipped it to slow cook and it made a superb ragu sauce 😋

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I also have an Instant Pot multi cooker that I only got a Xmas. Early says with it but I am liking that I can brown the meat, soften onions etc in the one pot before making a stew etc rather than having to do it in a pan on the hob iwht the extra hassle, washing up etc. Also good to be able to make a decent stew in 40 minutes as opposed to 5 hours in the slow cooker. Still learning the ropes but so far so good.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
How many of you who jumped on the bandwagon are still using your air fryer on a regular basis? Are you cooking a variety of meals or is it just used for the same things, over and over?
Went to a 70th do sat night. The buffet had old style chips like your mum cooked. I took two lots of chips home in silver foil. 8 mins on max fry and sweet mother they were gorgeous with my beef casserole yesterday. That was after my lad had cooked his 2 x steaks on them. 👍