Air Fryers … any good / recommendations

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
They do have a purpose. I guess the nearest comparison would be to a toaster, I can toast bread under the grill but it is more efficient to use the toaster.

I do have an issue with some of the marketing. The way that it is adverstised, it looks like it does all the cooking for you but you still need to go through the same steps as when using an oven and hob just in one machine.

Re the Toaster, sure it’s best for plain toast but Cheese and finely sliced red onion has to be under the grill 😋… Like all things it’s horses for courses, I’m sure the Air fryer is excellent for a lot of things but reading this thread you would think the wheel had been reinvented!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Re the Toaster, sure it’s best for plain toast but Cheese and finely sliced red onion has to be under the grill 😋… Like all things it’s horses for courses, I’m sure the Air fryer is excellent for a lot of things but reading this thread you would think the wheel had been reinvented!

Everyone says that until they get one and then they understand

Reheated BBQ food or pizza my god it's as good as when it was done ..

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

I’m with you, as much as I love my Ninja, cheese on toast HAS to be finished under the grill. There’s something drool worthy about watching the cheese melt under a grill 🤤

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m starting to think we need Moyes to stay another season! 😁… been asking myself if not him then who?

I like what he said that he wants to play passing football etc but had to resort to tight tactics because players were adjusting and we started to slip down League

Signs were there against man united just how well we can play

If he would just remember it's a squad game and use them then I'm all for it

If a change, potter first choice Rodgers second

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I like what he said that he wants to play passing football etc but had to resort to tight tactics because players were adjusting and we started to slip down League

Signs were there against man united just how well we can play

If he would just remember it's a squad game and use them then I'm all for it

If a change, potter first choice Rodgers second

I know this is the wrong thread for this but 🤷… I think Potter will have better offers than West Ham and I would be a very very happy man if Spurs gave Rogers a job a club with delusions of grandeur and a manager with the same opinions of himself. A marriage made in heaven. 😆

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any tips on cleaning the air fryer trays?
As I don't know what they are made of or their coating, I can only offer 2 suggestions.
1...a new airfryer (enviromental at it's finest)
2...try the baking power and white vineger mix trick, which means mixing white vinegar and baking powder into a paste and spreading it over what you want cleaned, put the oven on( or air fryer in this case) for 40 mins at 100*c
You just wipe it down after.
Have a look on the web, it's where I found it and can attest it does work.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
As I don't know what they are made of or their coating, I can only offer 2 suggestions.
1...a new airfryer (enviromental at it's finest)
2...try the baking power and white vineger mix trick, which means mixing white vinegar and baking powder into a paste and spreading it over what you want cleaned, put the oven on( or air fryer in this case) for 40 mins at 100*c
You just wipe it down after.
Have a look on the web, it's where I found it and can attest it does work.
Cheers I’ll give it a try 👍🏻

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How many of you who jumped on the bandwagon are still using your air fryer on a regular basis? Are you cooking a variety of meals or is it just used for the same things, over and over?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
How many of you who jumped on the bandwagon are still using your air fryer on a regular basis? Are you cooking a variety of meals or is it just used for the same things, over and over?

Can't remember the last time I put the oven on. I do have the 6 in 1 multi cooker one plus the smaller air fryer.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

I have only had one for about a year now but use it for all sorts. Once you clear the hurdle that it is a small fan oven and not a fryer at all, it is pretty useful. I have done a roast and roast potatoes, a lasagna, all sorts. Basically anything that I would cook in the oven, if it will fit in the air fryer then I cook it in there.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Use it every single day

It saves some much time and energy

I can tell the days the ovens been on by looking at the usage for previous days. Wife did a roast yesterday and the house battery ran out at 7pm instead of 10pm

Cooked many different things in but do stick to similar meals

When we eventually get the kitchen done we will go for a smaller oven with an air fryer still part of the purchase

Id say it's one of my most used gadgets ever purchased

D-S

Visit site
I use mine a lot. It is extremely useful. It would be irritating to do without it . It doesn’t and can’t replace all cooking methods but it definitely performs certain task better, quicker and more economically than other appliances.