Iron Fitting Recommendations - Birmingham/Midlands

robbo_17

Visit site
I’m looking to get fitted for a set of irons having never done so before.

Looking for recommendations and testimonials of good custom fitters/fitting centres in and around Birmingham/Midlands to go and try?

Over the years I’ve seen places like American Golf get bad press over their custom fittings but I’m fairly open to trying anywhere based upon some good review from fellow golfers like you guys!

Also if anybody has any pointers or things to be aware of, that would be great too!?

Thanks

Newtonuti

Visit site
I've used The Belfry for both my hybrid and 3 wood, both times they were excellent. Clubs are no more expensive through them, then online, and the fitting is £50, although it's deducted from the price of the club if ordered through them.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do not go to the belfry. You will have inexperienced children fitting you for the clubs. Go and see Neil wayne at keel golf Centre. He was from the belfry and left. He was their best fitter
As mentioned above neville bland has a good reputation too.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I know a few places around Worcester that I could recommend but not sure where you're located.

Copcut Driving range have an excellent selection of all the brands etc and Fraser is a very detailed fitter.

robbo_17

Visit site
I know a few places around Worcester that I could recommend but not sure where you're located.

Copcut Driving range have an excellent selection of all the brands etc and Fraser is a very detailed fitter.

South Brum, so Worcester is very much a possible option…

robbo_17

Visit site
Do not go to the belfry. You will have inexperienced children fitting you for the clubs. Go and see Neil wayne at keel golf Centre. He was from the belfry and left. He was their best fitter
As mentioned above neville bland has a good reputation too.

Interesting you should say do not go. A pal said the same as this as he went and had a full bag a couple of years ago. Felt that he was pushed into having all the TM SIM range and doesn’t get on with it well at all ??‍♂️

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting you should say do not go. A pal said the same as this as he went and had a full bag a couple of years ago. Felt that he was pushed into having all the TM SIM range and doesn’t get on with it well at all ??‍♂️
I was a member there for 10 years. I've seen the good and the bad. The way the academy treat their staff is terrible
Anyone who has got anything about them just leave for greener pastures

D

Deleted member 1147

I was a member there for 10 years. I've seen the good and the bad. The way the academy treat their staff is terrible
Anyone who has got anything about them just leave for greener pastures
When I first went there for lessons, with Chris Ryan, there was a core of good Pro's who stuck around for a while. I had good fittings with several of them.
As time went on the number of youngsters working there dropped and there was no continuity. Then once Chris and Adrian left for FoA I stopped going altogether.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I first went there for lessons, with Chris Ryan, there was a core of good Pro's who stuck around for a while. I had good fittings with several of them.
As time went on the number of youngsters working there dropped and there was no continuity. Then once Chris and Adrian left for FoA I stopped going altogether.
The times of Chris ryan where the good times. When new management took over it went down hill fast. Hence the reason chris and Alistair left. Its never got back to that standard imo

The Fader

Visit site
Can't speak highly enough of Nick and Richard Hemming at Sub70 in Hereford.

Yes, it's a single brand but a number of models to chose from. Never any pressure. And it will probably save you ££ hundreds against the major manufacturers.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
MacLeonard Next to Hollywood golf club. I get James to do all my club adjustments and travel 45 mins to see him from Coventry.

Big brands stuff = low tolerance, if any off my Callaway XR's had anything to go by. by forged easily adjusted over CASTED limitations

Neeko1988

Visit site
I’m based in Cannock and although not Midlands I travel to Scottsdale in Warrington for the fitting and same day build service. The thought of spending a large sum of money and having to wait so long to receive them at a tradition fitting place is enough to warrant the journey ?

Teebs

Visit site
Appreciate out of the requested area, but Ping in Gainsborough are only £25 for a 75 minute fitting and I assume they know their onions

I've done multi-brand fittings before and it always feels a little rushed and confusing with all the head and shaft combinations..

rystaman

Visit site
I’m based in Cannock and although not Midlands I travel to Scottsdale in Warrington for the fitting and same day build service. The thought of spending a large sum of money and having to wait so long to receive them at a tradition fitting place is enough to warrant the journey ?
How did you find Scottsdale and that service? I know they don't offer anything without that service so what if you want to go away and have a think after the fitting?