Air Fryers … any good / recommendations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We went into Curry's today to have a look at sizes, capacities etc. I'm even more confused now. It's as bad as looking at new TV's o_O

We've been using my FiL cheapo model. I can't say we are blown away by how it cooks but the saving in running costs is definitely catching the eye. Of course, his cheapo may be a bit rubbish so maybe we aren't getting a clear picture ?‍♂️. It isn't bad, just not life changing. We may have been expecting too much.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We went into Curry's today to have a look at sizes, capacities etc. I'm even more confused now. It's as bad as looking at new TV's o_O

We've been using my FiL cheapo model. I can't say we are blown away by how it cooks but the saving in running costs is definitely catching the eye. Of course, his cheapo may be a bit rubbish so maybe we aren't getting a clear picture ?‍♂️. It isn't bad, just not life changing. We may have been expecting too much.

It's been a revelation for quick meals for the kids that's for sure , fries in under 10 mins, microwave some peas and then add some cheese for a quick meal

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

We have the Foodi multi cooker and also the single air fryer. I use the air fryer as an add on. How many of you are there?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
2 permanently, another 2 at other times (kids at University type of thing, in laws at a weekend for Sunday dinner)

I'd personally go for the Foodi multicooker as it does so much more than the airfryer. I have the mini one as there are only usually two of us but it's fine when there are three of us. Got the single airfryer as an add on as it was on offer lol

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well am back from me meeting so waffle time. Missis T did the fajitas and roasties. As I said gorgeous. 9/10. Would of been 10/10 but son started sniffing around and had some of my fajitas. We went for the 400 twin fryer. Partly because it’s bigger but if we make to much it will save for tomorrow and well reheat in the fryer. If an air fryer is saying you make, make extra/ batch cook for another day. First thing Missis T did was cook some Indian samosas and bhajis. She did them on two different settings to see which the best of the two. Trial and error. Except both were nice with the crispier ones the better of the two. It seems strange that The 25 mins. Ok time was exactly that 25 mins. The beauty of the twin modes is the simplicity of syncing the times so they both are done at the same time. It seems an odd thing to say but like when you put one dish in the oven, put a timer on for 8 mins differance, then finish off when the oven goes Ping to say it’s done, have a look and decide it needs another X number of mins or one’s done well and the other not so.
Yup Tash is converted.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Has anyone done a ROI calculation to work out how long it takes to actually start saving money?

This actually is a Valid point, but I honestly don’t think there is a straightforward answer. How long before solar panels pay for themselves, electric car, Air fryer. Everyone’s usage is different.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd personally go for the Foodi multicooker as it does so much more than the airfryer. I have the mini one as there are only usually two of us but it's fine when there are three of us. Got the single airfryer as an add on as it was on offer lol

That would be my recommendation as well, I did a bit of research and the Foodi type multi cookers tick a lot more boxes than an air fryer. Still haven’t used mine yet though, it scares me a little ? ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Busy few days before kids go back to school .. week eldest and the wife back to work lol

No time for fancy cooking so the air fryer been a god send

Twins in bed, throw in some oven chips one side, some beef kebab things the other .. cut up flat bread (quarter each) thrown in with mins to go

Bit or halloumi on side

Same again tomorrow after a long day at the beach.. well with steak instead (steak cooks amazing in it btw)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just ordered 2 X racks for the air fryer so can fit even more in and cook

Good for bacon ?

Mrs took a while to get used to fact before she ate chips first as the oven ones got cold quickly but air fried stay hot for ages

Last edited:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just ordered 2 X racks for the air fryer so can fit even more in and cook

Good for bacon ?

Mrs took a while to get used to fact before she ate chips first as the oven ones got cold quickly but air fried stay hot for ages

What is that x rack.. got a link handy?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just read through this thread and a bit confused about all the options. Family of two and thinking the Ninja AF300 would be the best option...what can't it do though? Can it do wet things like stir frys, stews and casseroles (can't figure that out from reviews etc)...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just read through this thread and a bit confused about all the options. Family of two and thinking the Ninja AF300 would be the best option...what can't it do though? Can it do wet things like stir frys, stews and casseroles (can't figure that out from reviews etc)...

you can bake a cake in one! lol using correct setting

anyways

https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/...Il1ChuNImkMCR9dzz9xoCGCIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

id say this one

it has the pressure cooker and air fryer all in one

the dual one is brilliant but cant do the stews etc like this one could, I have the dual and a separate instapot