Air Fryers … any good / recommendations

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
my assumption is that air fry is a bit like an overn... pressure cooking is different, which requires a sealed space that creates the extra pressure to cook faster

Yep, you put a different lid on. Spaghetti Bolognese done in it is so quick.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It must be. Don't need to heat the oven up being the main bonus. I've only used the oven for cooking pizza since we had the Foodi.

I've found cutting the pizza up and putting it in the air fryer is lush

Looks like it shoudl be a dual tray Ninja. But Mrs likes a pressure cooker function, which is not availble in a dual tray. Apparently we use the pressure cooker a lot for currys and the occasional biryanis. Not sure when these get made in the household, because i dont seem to be getting any..

I have a pressure cooker aswell. I cook a lot of currys and apart from using it as just a big saucepan I have only once cooked a curry in it.. and that was just using the slow cook function

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
We have the Ninja Dual air fryer, the original (smaller) version, does almost everything we need even get a full chicken in there, misses bought some racks to give a bit move room by layering.

Only used the oven for pizza's since she bought it.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have the Ninja Dual air fryer, the original (smaller) version, does almost everything we need even get a full chicken in there, misses bought some racks to give a bit move room by layering.

Only used the oven for pizza's since she bought it.

i finally got around to see a video of this ... by God.. it is massive.. i will have to check if the kitchen has space to keep it

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
i finally got around to see a video of this ... by God.. it is massive.. i will have to check if the kitchen has space to keep it

Never really thought about it, I would say it’s similar size to a small microwave oven. I can’t remember what was in the space prior but this machine does get used almost daily and it is more economical than using the oven.

I would recommend joining a group on Facebook they come up with all sorts of recipes and ideas, far better than recipe books.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a glass hob cover and sit mine on top of that.

I have two instapots at ours..... but only because I was cooking whilst very tired... laid the special lid down on the hob then lit it by mistake.. 5 mins later whoops lol was no good to us any more... so kept the base and that as a second one.. bought a glass lid so when cooking a spread for family I use the inside pot on the gas hob and then keep it warm in the 2 insta pots lol

it was a god send when we had to sterlise the twins bottles aswell.. as I refused to have the darn sterliser out again at least this thing had another use (or 5)

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got the Ninja Dual 9L one… this weekend had the family around for a roast and it blitz thru 6 baby chickens in no time .. nice and crisp. Veggies was interesting (have to get used to the idea of no oil) Tonight fries and veggies was quick too

Thanks for the advice. Now I can show my 12 yr old to make dinner in it - without having to worry about him using the hob

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Given that the Ninja has been thru extensive use in the past few days, I was wondering how much is it going to be run? Given utility bill hike coming up.

Interesting to see this news.. so are we going to see a shortage of fryers because everyone wants one

https://apple.news/ACnSivMt5RYmHZP0tsoEBMA

they are excellent .. a lot cheaper than an oven for sure

our oven goes on very rarely compared to before we got it

just after I got one my parents got one as they loved using it for the kids..

then my mother in law got one she was that impressed

feel like I should get shares in them

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Has anyone successfully got the 10% off by signing up to the Ninja newsletter?
I’m looking at buying a Foodi so I signed up last night but I still don’t have a code ?

no idea, but the AF400 has £30 off within 24 hrs of me buying it from Argooos #facepalm