Air Fryers … any good / recommendations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well that was pretty good. Took longer than it should as was following two recipes (mainly salted pepper - thanks @chellie) and also the instruction book. The pressure thing is scary for sure - jumped a mile when I released it!!

Just got to reorganise the kitchen to find a place for it - I hate any electricals on the worktop apart from the kettle!

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well that was pretty good. Took longer than it should as was following two recipes (mainly salted pepper - thanks @chellie) and also the instruction book. The pressure thing is scary for sure - jumped a mile when I released it!!

Just got to reorganise the kitchen to find a place for it - I hate any electricals on the worktop apart from the kettle!

Glad it was good. I use a spoon handle to prod at the release valve !

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Got to say ours has had some usage this week. The roast chicken was just gorgeous and succulent. Very impressed at the moment.

I must say the roast chicken is our favourite at the moment, the biggest plus point of the Ninja we have found so far, we will keep trying new things, garlic mushrooms last night were really tasty.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just spent 10 minutes watching The Salted Pepper test the best method for Jacket Spud which we have tonight :) 45 mins Air Crisp it is - I assume a UK one would be in C not F?!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did loaded chips last night with the remainder of the pulled pork and a chilli sauce I knocked up, awesome ?
Granted I finished off them off in the oven to melt the cheese but the rest was done in the ninja.
May have to try a roast chicken at some point this week, just for experimentation purposes obviously ?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
A toastie is easy to do. Mayonnaise on outside of bread, fillings in and voila a few minutes later on aircrisp and it's ready to eat. It's obviously not sealed around the edges like in a toastie machine but still good and quick

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I prefer toasties unsealed as you just get rock hard bread at the edges. I do them in a frying pan but excited to try the Ninja :)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The air fryer racks arrived today

Tried them out with the kids tea

Meant I just used one side of the air fryer not both thus saving even more energy

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
When cooking, do people just put the food in the supplied basket or do you line it with foil, baking paper etc to reduce the difficulty of washing ?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
First failure w the Ninja.. tried to fry some onions for a Biryani.. unfortunately could not, they burnt. Could not decide between Max Crispy, air fry or Roast as well as temperature

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When cooking, do people just put the food in the supplied basket or do you line it with foil, baking paper etc to reduce the difficulty of washing ?

Mine I just throw the food in. I don't use oil. If I've cooked meat I'll give it quick wash under the tap to get rid of most mess and solve it in the dishwasher

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First failure w the Ninja.. tried to fry some onions for a Biryani.. unfortunately could not, they burnt. Could not decide between Max Crispy, air fry or Roast as well as temperature

Vegetables aren't the one in air fryers

I find a good old pan and tiny bit of ghee

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

I air fried some onions for a chilli last week, they came out perfectly. You just need to be attentive and not let them go too long.