Aimpoint...get your Popcorn!!

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can anybody who uses express clear something up for me?

Does the system depend on the slope being consistent from your ball to the hole, or do you have to take measurements with your feet at more than one point on your line, or something else?

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have always read putts with my feet. I was never taught to do this but when I stand over a putt I feel which way my weight is naturally falling. It's always felt completely natural to me.

Me too, if in doubt I walk to the side of the line of my putt towards the hole feeling the slope with my feet.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can anybody who uses express clear something up for me?

Does the system depend on the slope being consistent from your ball to the hole, or do you have to take measurements with your feet at more than one point on your line, or something else?

Its dependant on how long the putt is, from 20ft and in just the one read will do above that you can take 2-3 reads again dependant on length and you will 'generally find' that the slope is pretty consistent throughout, you will come across exceptions, double breaks, Mackenzie greens, but it's all learning curve in the end.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I am very good at reading a putt after I have hit it.:thup: Playing the same course for years helps as well, though that assumes I can remember the breaks.:whistle: