6 Nations

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Even as a proud Englishman and Quins fan I agree - think Hogg offers more than Brown in broken play. If Halfpenny is fit then I think both him and Hogg would probably get the nod for FB on a Lions tour, particularly if Gatland is the coach again (which is more or less a given I would think).

Whats your thoughts on Visser? How has he settled?

D

Deleted member 1418

Whats your thoughts on Visser? How has he settled?

Always liked the look of Visser - pace and looks to get involved, and being a big old unit always going to be a threat when he has the ball. Settled in very well IMO - a number of tries already for Quins. Always a bit difficult for players to settle with new teams I think, particularly when they're internationals so will be off representing their countries a fair bit. But both him and Roberts excellent signings.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Always liked the look of Visser - pace and looks to get involved, and being a big old unit always going to be a threat when he has the ball. Settled in very well IMO - a number of tries already for Quins. Always a bit difficult for players to settle with new teams I think, particularly when they're internationals so will be off representing their countries a fair bit. But both him and Roberts excellent signings.

He's a scoring machine but not great defensively as he's always a bit suspect going into a tackle. Glad to see he's settled well.

D

Deleted member 1418

He's a scoring machine but not great defensively as he's always a bit suspect going into a tackle. Glad to see he's settled well.

For Quins I'll be hoping for the former; for Scotland against England I'll obviously be hoping for the later!! ;)

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
Long may it continue and hopefully he see's his future in Scotland but I fancy big bucks will get thrown at him from somewhere and Glasgow will lose him.

If the Lions squad was announced tomorrow I fancy he would probably be the starting full back ahead of Brown

Hogg will end up at a big English or French club and, hopefully, will become a better player as a result. If he gets offer 5x the money he gets at Glasgow to leave then he should jump at the chance.

Home nations are blessed with so many talented backs just now. Mike Brown is a quality act as is Halfpenny. The choice for Lions full back is a hard one to call.

D

Deleted member 15344

That's another offside that should have been given against Wales - how can linesman not see that

D

Deleted member 15344

Can the Video ref call it or can they only come in for foul play or when asked by the on pitch Ref...?

No idea ? Im sure they have got involved without it being foul play before ?

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Open game, bad try to lose with the mix up with Hogg and Seymour but still just 8 points. Surely we can't be as bad in the second half.

Stuart Hoggs try was a sublime piece of magic. Full of vision, awareness and pace.