2024 Troon Open

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought you watched a lot of golf?
Did you? I only really watch the majors and the Ryder, and I've never seen or heard of this lad! I keep a vague eye on the European tour results because of the fantasy league but I've never seen his name on there either.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Spectator on 3rd green with Spieth, Scottie group

Big fella in an equally big t-shirt with 2ft letters on it, just says 'Baw Bag' :LOL:

RichA

Visit site
Listening on the radio. Lowry has just got upset because a spectator found his ball in a gorse bush within 3 minutes after he himself had told the referee, "I'm declaring that ball lost."
Ex-pro commentator has just said they didn't know you can't declare a ball lost either.
These people need to spend more time on golf forums. Even I knew that.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not following it fully as I’m working, but what’s the craic with Lowry’s drop? Sounded as though they were saying his options are different because he said the re-hit was a provisional?

Surely the only time you wouldn’t say provisional is if it definitely gone OOB or into water?

Visit site
Not following it fully as I’m working, but what’s the craic with Lowry’s drop? Sounded as though they were saying his options are different because he said the re-hit was a provisional?

Surely the only time you wouldn’t say provisional is if it definitely gone OOB or into water?

Or if you don’t want to find it because it’s in a gorse bush

He’s taking his sweet time isn’t he!!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All he had to do was not declare the Provisional ball...just drop it and hit it
Renders the first ball out of play....
Ah ok, so he saw it was miles in the cabbage, could’ve just said that’s gone, hit another and just got on with it.

Not something I’ve had to think about personally!