2024 Troon Open

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I enjoy watching the golf. It's just the last hour when it's almost certain we know the winner it gets a bit boring. Was hoping Xander fired one into deep rough and one of the pack got an eagle to ramp up the excitement at the end.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure that's what SILH was trying to say before he got quite a bit of criticism and questioning.
Indeed it is…and as @HampshireHog noted, a lot of what he says and how he acts is probably down to his media training. And because of that it can seem a bit confected, forced if you like, not quite him, not the authentic Justin Rose.

It’s also quite possible that he knows and is very aware that he is not the most outgoing or demonstrative of individuals, so how he acts and reacts on the course - especially when he knows he is under scrutiny by fans and tv cameras, could well be how he thinks he should act and react. And again most of us aren’t very good at that - and it can be obvious when we are trying.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rose is probably straight laced, media friendly and maybe some could describe that as bland. However, what I love about him is the fire in his belly, particularly in the Ryder cup. He’s been great for us in that, even in Rome when some questioned whether he should be there, he was still a massive part of it, and that last putt on day 1 was just typical of him, almost never in doubt.

He’s the antithesis of someone like Bryson, but that’s what I prefer, quietly getting on with it. Was gutted he didn’t win, but hats off to Xander, he played fantastically well on Sunday.

Morfeen75

Visit site
Back from 3 fabulous days of golf at Troon. It's an awesome course and one of the best from a viewing point. We seen so much quality golf over the 3 days, even managed to witness Si Woo Kim's Hole In One on 17. It was playing tough especially Saturday PM
Only 10 players finished under par for the week which is incredible really.
Schauffele was a worthy winner he was superb on Sunday. I was hoping for a Rose charge on sunday but he just couldnt get over the line.

Cant wait for Portrush 2025 now.

RedEyes

Visit site
We had a great time, my 8 year old lad got a high five off Scheffler and I've never seen him so excited.
It was my first Open outside the North West Courses, my only complaint is that the queues seemed really long for everything, shop, food, toilets etc
It didn't seem as organised or have as many facilities as they do at Birkdale or Hoylake.

BL8Ricky

Visit site
We had a great time, my 8 year old lad got a high five off Scheffler and I've never seen him so excited.
It was my first Open outside the North West Courses, my only complaint is that the queues seemed really long for everything, shop, food, toilets etc
It didn't seem as organised or have as many facilities as they do at Birkdale or Hoylake.
Absolutely the same experience we had. Took out near 7 year old and it was great except queues were ridiculous all day at every single food kiosk. Lost over an hour just in food queues across the day. Annoying,

RedEyes

Visit site
Absolutely the same experience we had. Took out near 7 year old and it was great except queues were ridiculous all day at every single food kiosk. Lost over an hour just in food queues across the day. Annoying,
We queued for Fish & Chips for 45 minutes, my lad insisted on waiting because he had the same last year and he's such a fussy eater I had to bite the bullet! Missed the leaders going off the 1st as a result.
Last year at Hoylake, we were in and out in 10 minutes max.
I'm gutted we can't go next year because mates of ours have selfishly decided to get married Open weekend! Roll on Birkdale 26....

Visit site
I went to Troon on the Sunday.
I have to say I thought it was too busy to be able to get the full experience.
Grandstands at 8 and 18 were packed and if you weren’t in them you seen very little of those holes.
Didn’t bother trying to go down 18 at the end.
Did manage to see Xander play 16 &17 so did see what proved to be the winning holes.
Overall a very good day but a busy, busy place.
That’s my 4th Open at Troon and it just keeps on getting bigger and bigger.
If I was to go again, I’d be hoping for some grandstand access. A long day on your feet.