2022 Professional golf thread

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I think we're gonna need all the off-course Tiger/Phil/LIV chat and speculation we can get for the next Major.
According to the European Tour website the course is a bit one dimensional, might even be called 'samey'

course.jpg

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I think we're gonna need all the off-course Tiger/Phil/LIV chat and speculation we can get for the next Major.
According to the European Tour website the course is a bit one dimensional, might even be called 'samey'

View attachment 42619
Fear not!

"Two new golf books will hit the shelves this week in time for the US PGA Championship beginning at Southern Hills in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Thursday. One is about Phil Mickelson — ‘golf’s most colourful superstar,’ according to the blurb. The other is about Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson — ‘golf’s most fascinating rivalry’."

?

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I got that but is that taking the next step?

I was being a bit cheeky, I think he has taken the next step but ultimately there's probably a limit to the steps he can take. If he play the DP World Tour he'll rack up regular wins and potentially increase his ability to contend. I just never think with Fitzpatrick with a stacked field that he's going to do it, but he's making a good living and is one of the best in the world. Maybe he's too 'nice' - I realise that's not a tangible quality but surely temperament plays a part? At 27 he has time, maybe a bit of luck is required to get over the line at a PGA event and that will kickstart a progression.

Newtonuti

Visit site
Come on then, who's putting what bets on this weekends PGA? I'm tempted for a fiver each way on Spieth, and almost have to stick the same on Scheffler the way he's playing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Come on then, who's putting what bets on this weekends PGA? I'm tempted for a fiver each way on Spieth, and almost have to stick the same on Scheffler the way he's playing.
I've just popped my bets on. These are the cursed ones:
Win: Scheffler, McIlroy
EW: Cantlay, Lowry, Niemann, Burns.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So we have Woods, Speith and McIlroy as a grouping for the first two round of the USPGA. A recipe for a wealth of cringeworthy commentary I reckon.

sunshine

Visit site
So we have Woods, Speith and McIlroy as a grouping for the first two round of the USPGA. A recipe for a wealth of cringeworthy commentary I reckon.

Brilliant group. Will be a real highlight and I hope the coverage shows every minute of Tiger and co.