2022 Professional golf thread

AddisonRoad

Visit site
Just turned on the golf to watch The British Masters and instead it’s “early group coverage” from the US ?‍♂️

This is what I don't understand - they don't start showing any British Masters coverage until 130PM? Makes no sense (and there were some good early groups yesterday).

D

Deleted member 1147

Love it when the crowd are congratulating a player for a great shot. Meanwhile the player is moaning like mad because he’s missed the green on the wrong side, and is absolutely disgusted with himself.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Love it when the crowd are congratulating a player for a great shot. Meanwhile the player is moaning like mad because he’s missed the green on the wrong side, and is absolutely disgusted with himself.

Yeah not just Pros, PP shouts good shot after I take a divot with the 3w today because it still went straight.... but only 80% distance ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have been busy this weekend so my 1st watch of the golf from the USA. Looks like a more interesting/tougher course than the usual courses that they play at over the pond.
It does look very good. It's also absolutely honked it down for the first 3 days so scoring has been hard. It's been good to watch.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Matt Fitzpatrick looks set for another good finish. Is he becoming our version of Matt Kuchar? Doesn't really threaten to win but racks up good finishes, and paydays, on a pretty regular basis.

What does he need to take that next step ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Matt Fitzpatrick looks set for another good finish. Is he becoming our version of Matt Kuchar? Doesn't really threaten to win but racks up good finishes, and paydays, on a pretty regular basis.

What does he need to take that next step ?

Fitzpatrick has already won some big tournaments so far but I suspect as with the likes of Luke Donald he will fall short for the majors on a combination of shorter hitter and just not having those 4 career rounds all in one comp

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The PGA pros seemed to find it hard to play which was an enjoyable watch rather than smash, pitch and putt so common on their tour. The rain made a tricky course even harder and good to see an event where several under par is a good score.

I agree, the 'long drive followed by a wedge NTP' tournaments get mundane pretty quickly. I like the course variety we see because the ET visits so many countries
(even so I'm not a big fan of the totally artificial desert courses) The PGA tour popping down to Hawaii doesn't really give the same scope of course you get when jumping continents
Plus the times of pga live programmes doesn't suit me, so its easy for me to prefer the ET :sneaky: