2022 Professional golf thread

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Based on McIlroy's last 20 PGA Tour rounds, his handicap Index would be +8.7 (Or -8.7 for those that don't like the Plus Handicapper Terminology :) ). Two caveats:

1. Not taking PCC into account
2. I've not rounded any bad scores down to nett double bogey, if he had any (bearing in mind several holes a double would need to be rounded down to a bogey for him)

His best Score Diff was -10.4 at East Lake, and his worst of the 20 -0.9

Taking another step... I wonder if any of his rounds would be unacceptable for h/cap due to how the Tours often mess with hole length from day to day & even par

Swango1980

Visit site
Taking another step... I wonder if any of his rounds would be unacceptable for h/cap due to how the Tours often mess with hole length from day to day & even par
Possibly, although I've already wasted the 1st 45 minutes of work calculating his WHS Index, so I better not go in to researching course set ups each day :)

I suppose if courses are ever changed, it is always discussed that the changes are to make it more and more difficult for the professionals. Maybe some ridiculous pin positions, more than normal, and the odd lengthened hole. So, perhaps his Index might be a bit better than using the publicised ratings?

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
At risk of being exiled ?, I've previously dipped into some of liv broadcasts, mainly via the website. Like most I was cynical about the team thing, and was mainly following the individual side. Last couple of events I did find the team angle was growing a bit, but still wasn't sure if I'd watch the team final thing. Curiosity has won, as established broadcasters have at times struggled with matchplay I'm intrigued to see how the newbies manage with it. ?

IainP

Visit site
No DPWT this week, in case anyone is interested the Asian Tour is streaming (free) on freesports. Sometimes forum favourite "BarnRat" is playing.

IainP

Visit site
Over at Mayakoba Seamus Power continuing his good form with a -8 to move up to 4th.
In Morocco young Puig is leading, but round of the day a -9 from the younger Vincent - to be currently tied 3rd with his brother Scott!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Featured Groups....Great if they're playing well...
I'm having a ball watching Scheffler, Burns and some guy called Montgomery ( no not him!) hacking it around Houston..:rolleyes::sleep:

D-S

Visit site
Featured Groups....Great if they're playing well...
I'm having a ball watching Scheffler, Burns and some guy called Montgomery ( no not him!) hacking it around Houston..:rolleyes::sleep:
Are you sure it wasn’t an episode of The Simpsons?

Last edited:

IainP

Visit site
Spoilt for choice over a lazy breakfast, Nedbank & Egypt. Was good seeing Luuke showing some form in the early rounds. Play stopped, so will see how Ogletree fairs.

A few WDs over in Houston, guess a few weather delay related. Finau looks safely clear. Good to see Rose scoring better.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Thompson and Fassi showing how not to finish a tournament when the pressure is on.

Great to see Tommy, Big Tone and Nelly win this weekend. Lots of good golf all round.