2022 Professional golf thread

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
What do people think of this format? I like it. I always found it really weird that there would often be two winners, and one could get overshadowed. When Tiger won it in 2018 (I think it was then), I think I'm right in saying that Justin Rose won the overall thing but no one other than his wife and his caddie really cared.

D

Deleted member 15344

What do people think of this format? I like it. I always found it really weird that there would often be two winners, and one could get overshadowed. When Tiger won it in 2018 (I think it was then), I think I'm right in saying that Justin Rose won the overall thing but no one other than his wife and his caddie really cared.

Think the scoring format is awful

There is still a good chance that someone other than Scheffler will win which doesn’t seem right

Golfnut1957

Visit site
It's totally contrived, but it has to be contrived in order for the PGA Tour to get the outcome they desire which is the golfer at the top of the Fed -Ex cup list coming out top of the Fed-Ex championship and thus proving that he actually is the "champion golfer of the year".
I think it is safe to say that the vast majority don't like it but as of yet nobody has been able to come up with a reasonably efficient and effect finish to the season that satisfies all parties, the Tour, the sponsors, the players and the fans.
Who knows, if Scotty is ten shots in front come Sunday night and nobody is watching because of the lack of excitement it may kill off the whole Fed-Ex thing, if not kill it off at least force the Tour into yet another change of format. Perhaps this time one for the better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3432

Whatever happened to topping the money list?

Totally contrived format to try and engineer the same result in a single tournament......

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
18 million reasons he wont care if he shoots the lowest score this week lol
You ol' cynic, it's not all about money you know ??
Found it telling that even though Cantlay walked off with the big payday last year he was still critical of the tournament format this week.