2022 Professional golf thread

D

Deleted member 1147

Well I’m glad that came out. Otherwise the internet would be awash with people blaming the caddie….”he should have had a professional caddie…etc etc etc”

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Lol.... Hindsight obviously but surely the lay up was the shot... But I do like that he goes for the win.
I know what you mean, but given the distance it wasn't perhaps the best strategy. Better to get in the play off and then go for the win from a more favourable position?
Might say more than he likes about his confidence with a wedge!

C7usk

Visit site
I know what you mean, but given the distance it wasn't perhaps the best strategy. Better to get in the play off and then go for the win from a more favourable position?
Might say more than he likes about his confidence with a wedge!
I thought so.... But even bland going for it... Good luck.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lol... Fair point.... Rory is a bit wild sometimes though and a par was good enough for play off..... Gutted for bland... Well done hovland.

Shot choice not the issue, execution and where he misses it is

Rorys best choice of winning the tournament was making 4 there than going into a 3 way play off where he would then be looking at the same shot again most likely. the issue was short right was a complete no, long/left were where he had to miss

Congrats Viktor, some win from where he was with 3 to play!!!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Nice touch in the interview with Tim Barter, well played Viktor Hovlund. Was pulling for Richard Bland as a fellow "old git", but fantastic play from Holland in regulation. just a pity to see it "lost" by Bland with the missed putt, rather than won.