2022 Professional golf thread

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
From the BBC website (my bold):
Tyrrell Hatton said he would like to "blow up" the 18th after it ruined his chance of defending the title.
The Englishman did birdie the par-five hole - measured at 634 yards - in Sunday's final round as he closed with a five-under 67 to finish on seven under, but called it a "terrible finishing hole".
Hatton, who won this title when it was played at the Abu Dhabi Golf Club in 2021, had a double-bogey seven in Friday's blustery conditions and then signed for a ruinous quadruple-bogey nine on Saturday.
"I would love for a bomb to drop on it and blow it to oblivion," he told BBC Sport.
"The fact they've moved the tee back is ridiculous. I hit a really good tee shot and I've still got 290 yards to the front [of the green].
"I could peg driver up again and still not get there. It'd be a much better finishing hole if you were rewarded for hitting the fairway, which as it stands, you're not.
"If we're coming back here next year, it'd be nice if they redesigned it. It's a bit of an ask so we may not be back."

Errr......it's a par 5 Tyrrell, basically you ruined your chance of winning by not accepting that.
Haha. That's hilarious. Pro golfers have clearly lost all concept of an actual par 5 these days.

sunshine

Visit site
From the BBC website (my bold):
Tyrrell Hatton said he would like to "blow up" the 18th after it ruined his chance of defending the title.
The Englishman did birdie the par-five hole - measured at 634 yards - in Sunday's final round as he closed with a five-under 67 to finish on seven under, but called it a "terrible finishing hole".
Hatton, who won this title when it was played at the Abu Dhabi Golf Club in 2021, had a double-bogey seven in Friday's blustery conditions and then signed for a ruinous quadruple-bogey nine on Saturday.
"I would love for a bomb to drop on it and blow it to oblivion," he told BBC Sport.
"The fact they've moved the tee back is ridiculous. I hit a really good tee shot and I've still got 290 yards to the front [of the green].
"I could peg driver up again and still not get there. It'd be a much better finishing hole if you were rewarded for hitting the fairway, which as it stands, you're not.
"If we're coming back here next year, it'd be nice if they redesigned it. It's a bit of an ask so we may not be back."

Errr......it's a par 5 Tyrrell, basically you ruined your chance of winning by not accepting that.

That is classic Hatton moaning. Probably a bit tongue in cheek from him to be fair.

His point was that you could hit a poor drive, knock it back on to the fairway and have a short iron into the green, but even if you hit a perfect drive it was still a lay up so nothing gained. I do understand the point, as it is more entertaining to finish with some risk/reward. But he could have phrased this in a less entitled and petulant manner :ROFLMAO:

Maybe they need to make the fairway one yard wide to give him an advantage.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Has anyone played the Emirates in Dubai? As much as everyone goes on about it and the 'iconic views' not sure I'd fancy it at all?

D

Deleted member 15344

McIlorys swing looks so much better , a lot more control and smoother , doesn’t seem to be chasing the shots - putter cold at the moment

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
When Hatton is good he looks as good as anyone, makes everything look so easy. Shaping up to be a cracking weekend

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I

It's been rubbish all week...OK on a phone apparently but nothing else....
There's a lot of negative contents about this app on golf social at the moment, so it's not just on one platform or in one country. Seems a bit off for such a large organisation.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There's a lot of negative contents about this app on golf social at the moment, so it's not just on one platform or in one country. Seems a bit off for such a large organisation.

the website is horrible, very very outdated codewise, very inefficient in how it returns data etc, hard to believe considering how much money they have as an organisation