2022 Professional golf thread

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Rory will be in the does slow play hurt your score thread any moment now!

It was nice to see another exciting finish. But the Sky team need to tone it down waxing about Bland. Yes he did well, but he’s not the second coming of Tiger

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nice touch in the interview with Tim barter, well played Viktor Hovlund. Was pulling for Richard Bland as a fellow "old git", but fantastic play from Holland in regulation. just a pity to see it "lost" by Bland with the missed putt, rather than won.

bit harsh, Hovland made birdie to win it having finished the last 3 holes in -4!!!!!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
bit harsh, Hovland made birdie to win it having finished the last 3 holes in -4!!!!!

Not at all, I've acknowledged Hovlund's fantastic play in the post you quoted. it's just disappointing for me to see Bland lose it on a lipped putt rather than Holland take it from him.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nice to know it’s not just me who melts. Given some of his wedge shots I was amazed he took the eagle on when a lay up still offered a birdie chance. It wasn’t as if he’s 3w had been 100% all day.

1st -3rd in one shot, that’ll cost him.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Interesting choice from Rory I don’t think that was a green light situation for 3 wood long way back and a bit dirt on the ball

he was recently talking about how tiger used to go out to win and he did it by being calculated going for the Hail Mary there wasn’t the calculated play ..

I think he will obviously be disappointed but again he hasn’t been at his best this week (just like Rahm at the farmers) and still should have won

One of the good signs was his wedge play at the weekend

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Interesting choice from Rory I don’t think that was a green light situation for 3 wood long way back and a bit dirt on the ball

he was recently talking about how tiger used to go out to win and he did it by being calculated going for the Hail Mary there wasn’t the calculated play ..

I think he will obviously be disappointed but again he hasn’t been at his best this week (just like Rahm at the farmers) and still should have won

One of the good signs was his wedge play at the weekend

I agree. Lay up, pitch on and rely on your wedge play to get it close and hole the putt. Was hoping Bland would nick it

D

Deleted member 1147

The easiest birdie on 18 is from the back, or left, of the green. Too difficult to hit a wedge close, as the green was rock hard. So a calculated risk in opinion.

C7usk

Visit site
still not seen anyone saying Bland or Hovland shouldve laid up in the play off AFTER they didnt hit it in the water ;)
I think bland and hovland had like 230 in as opposed to Rory having 260 carry.. Bland played it 'safe' and bailed a bit long and left to give himself a good chance of an up and down... Hovland was on a great run with how he was finishing and hitting the ball solid so went at it... Rory went for the glory shot... He must've been sick as.. Especially after his playing partners both layed up and got birdie and par respectively...

D

Deleted member 1147

I think bland and hovland had like 230 in as opposed to Rory having 260 carry.. Bland played it 'safe' and bailed a bit long and left to give himself a good chance of an up and down... Hovland was on a great run with how he was finishing and hitting the ball solid so went at it... Rory went for the glory shot... He must've been sick as.. Especially after his playing partners both layed up and got birdie and par respectively...
230 for Bland is similar to 260 for McIlroy.
Distance wasn’t the issue. Mud and a poor shot were the difference.

Boomy

Visit site
Rory will be in the does slow play hurt your score thread any moment now!

It was nice to see another exciting finish. But the Sky team need to tone it down waxing about Bland. Yes he did well, but he’s not the second coming of Tiger

Every right to wax on about Bland, what a great performance, and at 49 he played out of his boots! He did slightly better than well.

You’re obsessed with Tiger… what was that about sheep on another post.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Every right to wax on about Bland, what a great performance, and at 49 he played out of his boots! He did slightly better than well.

You’re obsessed with Tiger… what was that about sheep on another post.

You are going to have to explain the relevance of that to my comment about Bland??‍♂️

Boomy

Visit site
You are going to have to explain the relevance of that to my comment about Bland??‍♂️

Quote: It was nice to see another exciting finish. But the Sky team need to tone it down waxing about Bland. Yes he did well, but he’s not the second coming of Tiger

D

Deleted member 1147

Quote: It was nice to see another exciting finish. But the Sky team need to tone it down waxing about Bland. Yes he did well, but he’s not the second coming of Tiger
Doesn't exactly scream obsession to me

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Delighted for Hovland, very likeable character.

McIlroy - go big or go home? Had it come off we would have been waxing lyrical about it so criticism, given it didn't come off, is fair.

evemccc

Visit site
If so, I think it is, that is pretty childish and embarrassing.
Not all par 5's are there to be eagled or birdied at will. Players did still birdie the hole but they had to work hard to do it, they even had to play it like a par 5 was meant to be played :eek:

Par for the course then for Tyrell Hatton