148th Open Championship

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Tbf it's got up this afternoon

Its windy out my back garden. It will be worse at my club and portrush will be worse again as it's even more exposed.

Maybe the flags I was watching were a bit sheltered then as they didn't seem to be blowing that hard.

It seems to be getting up when the squals come through and dying back down again.

People are missing by small margins and the course punishes you greatly for it.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Woods well on his way to playing himself out of contention on Day 1. He could post a similar number to Rory and struggle to make the weekend as well.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Maybe the flags I was watching were a bit sheltered then as they didn't seem to be blowing that hard.

It seems to be getting up when the squals come through and dying back down again.

People are missing by small margins and the course punishes you greatly for it.

Always the way. Breeze first then rain arrives.

D

Deleted member 15344

He wouldn't be human if he wasn't nervous at any major. But it's a case of channelling the nerves.

Exactly - I reckon he prob hasn’t had this level of expectation on him in his whole career and he prob took by surprise , real shame for him

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be fair he's made huge strides mentally, play like that a few years back and he'd have booked an appointment with these fellas
I don’t believe he has,when the goings tough he’s one of the weakest imo.
Fair play to him today he recovered well,but strange decisions and lack of concentration cost him dear.
He needs a strong caddie to keep him in the moment,he’s making the wrong decisions himself.

TH63

Hacker
Visit site
I'm not sure what he did, it sounded like he had to hit 3 tee shots and may have even played the wrong ball at one point.
I heard that Duval hit two provisionals, so five off the tee, then found his second ball but thought it was his third, which is playing the wrong ball, so back to the tee?
I have two questions, surely unless he declared his second as lost, then it automatically became the ball in play? And why go back to the tee? Worst case scenario is to back from where he played the wrong ball??

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
What the hell’s going on? I leave work and TW is E and looking pretty comfortable. Get home, the wheels have come off and he’s +4. Nice one Tiger!

Brooks smashing it again, he’s a Major machine.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I heard that Duval hit two provisionals, so five off the tee, then found his second ball but thought it was his third, which is playing the wrong ball, so back to the tee?
I have two questions, surely unless he declared his second as lost, then it automatically became the ball in play? And why go back to the tee? Worst case scenario is to back from where he played the wrong ball??
No it wasn't that, I don't think. His final score was reduced from 15 to 13 when they realised he'd played the 1st provisional rather than the 2nd provisional as originally thought. So he must have buggered something else up as well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He wouldn't be human if he wasn't nervous at any major. But it's a case of channelling the nerves.
I'm sure he gets nervous but that's a weak excuse for slapping it out of bounds and then hitting a pants 2nd attempt as well. Every player in the field will get nervous. Except Brooks and DJ obviously, I don't think they have normal human emotions like that.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don’t think we’ll see Tiger tomorrow, something not right here. If that’s the case, I don’t think we’ll see him again this year until possibly the playoffs at the earliest, could be done for the year.

Rahm playing some fantastic stuff so far today. Likes playing in Ireland doesn’t he!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don’t think we’ll see Tiger tomorrow, something not right here. If that’s the case, I don’t think we’ll see him again this year until possibly the playoffs at the earliest, could be done for the year.

Rahm playing some fantastic stuff so far today. Likes playing in Ireland doesn’t he!

Absolutely gutted, i had him at 16/1 with betway at home. Any round leader pays out and i genuinely can't recall the reason i didn't put it on (blaming daughter needing a drink) :)

D

Deleted member 15344

Just been listening to 5live and they had Craig Connelly on - how great is he , really great insight and also shouting abuse at his fellow caddies as they walk by 😂😂

Woods doesn’t look comfortable at all - hope all the effort of last year and the start of this hasn’t taken the toil on his back or other areas in his body have now suffered because of the back. Hope it’s nothin serious but looks in pain

Great to see Rahm , Fleetwood and Hatton doing well

And who has thrown up over Finau’s top 🤮