148th Open Championship

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeah, wasn't the best in the end (posted before watching), better with two guys that know eachother so feel more comfortable giving out the banter.

This doesn't sound great: https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/tiger-woods-makes-worrying-admission-after-opening-round

You could see he didn’t look comfortable at all - does it tell the story of why he hasn’t been playing much because the back is troubling and he is in pain again ? He has to be careful surely or he could do serious damage

D

Deleted member 1418

Given the state of his back and what he said in his press conference about his lack of play before today, Tiger did bloody well to beat Rory by a shot and not Duval!!

Once he has a nice rub down from the physio he'll be a new man......!! 😂

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Would be nice if the Beeb showed more highlights of some of the golfers at the right end of the leaderboard.
Who wants to see Rory & Tiger chomping it around 😆

D

Deleted member 1418

Would be nice if the Beeb showed more highlights of some of the golfers at the right end of the leaderboard.
Who wants to see Rory & Tiger chomping it around 😆

I'd rather see Rory's 8, 7 and four putt,
Tigers woes and Duvals disasters than some of the others birdies and eagles to be hoenst - far more entertaining and relative to us ordinary golfers!!! 😂

Wolf

Visit site
Didnt see much today but what I did see I enjoyed. I also must be the only one on here liking the Nike offerings so far I quite like a funky shirt.

Still long way to go but nice to see Lowry, Noren, Happybarnrat and few others up there.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
They are normally good but that was so wooden , the one with Pepperall was brilliant but this wasn’t great viewing -

Great round from the young lad today though

A tad harsh considering young Bob has only been on tour for two minutes and doesn't like the limelight. This is a young boy with great family traditions who turned down a practice round with Patrick Reed at the tail end of last year as he didn't feel comfortable being in a practice round with the Masters champion when he was starting out his professional career. Apart from rounds 1 & 2 last week I doubt these two guys have ever clapped eyes on each other never mind have to do a challenge and gel in front of the cameras.

I has hoping that Bob was going to challenge Ricky with the Shinty stick that was in the bag!

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Got to be a massive disappointment for Rory, obviously, but for me he’s got to sort out his mental game, that at the moment is his biggest problem.
We all know when he’s on it and playing well, he makes it look stupid easy and his ball striking is his second to none.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got to be a massive disappointment for Rory, obviously, but for me he’s got to sort out his mental game, that at the moment is his biggest problem.
We all know when he’s on it and playing well, he makes it look stupid easy and his ball striking is his second to none.

Got to agree, it’s all in his head. For me he talks up his chances so much before every major and all that does for him is heap pressure on himself. Every major, especially The Open and Masters he does the same and now it’s almost predictable that he will have 1 day where he loses any chance of winning which i think is his ‘heads gone’ day.

Needs to play his chances down, do a little less media and come in quietly confident and not bursting with ‘watch me I’m going to win’.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a cracking day over here yesterday.

Brilliant organisation, atmosphere. Superbly run as always, even got a golf lesson in!

Course is simply stunning

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
100%

As I said yesterday, on it and he's got a chance of winning every event going but when it starts going wrong, there is something mentally that happens and he either loses concentration (that short putt missed) or seems to go too hard at the ball and miss target more often. For me, he doesn't have the ability to grind out a score and where others could turn a +3 or 4 into a +1 or even par, as his finish shows he can't seem to do it.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice start for Hatton!

5 looks a bit tough today, out of bounds just off the back of the green, the pin sat just below a steep slope. Knock it in the rough off the tee and could easily fire one through the green OB. Gonna be a good challenge.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
a Question for those who might have played it, the OOB left and right on the first any reason for this and is it still the case for normal play on the course
Had a cracking day over here yesterday.

Brilliant organisation, atmosphere. Superbly run as always, even got a golf lesson in!

Course is simply stunning

was it a Course management lesson with Rory??(y):LOL:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice start for Hatton!

5 looks a bit tough today, out of bounds just off the back of the green, the pin sat just below a steep slope. Knock it in the rough off the tee and could easily fire one through the green OB. Gonna be a good challenge.
Great hole

Tiger looking a bit better this morning,doing his shoe laces up sitting down ( I would struggle with that.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Come on Ashton turner, have 20p each way on him at 2000/1. Saw him at the range on Tuesday and he was striping it