148th Open Championship

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ta. So not overly aggressive, on the face of it a sensible choice just poorly executed.

yeah right defensive choice just a pretty nervy poor swing, hit the reload left but not as bad but then pushed his luck from a bad lie and hit it into the cabbage left again (and had to drop), decent pitch but missed the putt

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
No it wasn't that, I don't think. His final score was reduced from 15 to 13 when they realised he'd played the 1st provisional rather than the 2nd provisional as originally thought. So he must have buggered something else up as well.
Seems it has been adjusted to a 14 now!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Love how Ewan Murray has two default descriptions for a missed golf shot depending on which way they miss.

Left: Hands too active, can’t release the left side

Right: Got in front of it, body out of sync

Never mentions strike, it’s always the same recycled rubbish over and over again. Painful to listen to at times.

D

Deleted Member 1156

The strike for these guys is rarely off centre. Their bad shots are all to do with club face or path issues. I was listening on the radio when Rory teed off and he absolutely nutted it.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Love how Ewan Murray has two default descriptions for a missed golf shot depending on which way they miss.

Left: Hands too active, can’t release the left side

Right: Got in front of it, body out of sync

Never mentions strike, it’s always the same recycled rubbish over and over again. Painful to listen to at times.

He be right 99% of the time commentating on me if he added in too quick from top :)

D

Deleted member 15344

Blimey haven’t seen Woods swinging that badly since that 6 month period before his back fusion - looks all over the place and each poor swing seems to have a grimace.
The best thing would be if it’s done to a lack of practise as opposed to anything physical

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Blimey haven’t seen Woods swinging that badly since that 6 month period before his back fusion - looks all over the place and each poor swing seems to have a grimace.
The best thing would be if it’s done to a lack of practise as opposed to anything physical

He's absolutely chopping his way round. At least Rory was just a couple of loose holes. This is car crash golf from the GOAT!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just think he’s playing rubbish having watched him some more. Did a pretty aggressive recoil swish after his last poor iron and didn’t seem to grimace after that, think it’s just lack of practice/tournament reps. Needs to re-assess his schedule for next year and work out what his body is capable of, pointless just turning up at the majors this rusty.

Said in the presser the game wasn’t where he wanted it to be, that was a red flag, hopefully he learns from this and preps better for next year. Even playing the John Deere last week would have helped, doesn’t need to come over and play the Scottish.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I just think he’s playing rubbish having watched him some more. Did a pretty aggressive recoil swish after his last poor iron and didn’t seem to grimace after that, think it’s just lack of practice/tournament reps. Needs to re-assess his schedule for next year and work out what his body is capable of, pointless just turning up at the majors this rusty.

Said in the presser the game wasn’t where he wanted it to be, that was a red flag, hopefully he learns from this and preps better for next year. Even playing the John Deere last week would have helped, doesn’t need to come over and play the Scottish.
Even Tiger can't play for a month and expect to be "match fit".
It just doesn't work like that, no matter how much you might be swinging at home.
I don't understand his scheduling.
If he can't play a couple of weeks on the bounce then maybe he needs to think about whether he should be out there at all.

D

Deleted member 15344

MacIntyre vs Fowler. This should be good.

They are normally good but that was so wooden , the one with Pepperall was brilliant but this wasn’t great viewing -

Great round from the young lad today though

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site