YouTube rant.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, 100%. The ads are longer than some of the actual video content now. Often I put on a video and within a minute it goes to an advert. Some of them now are unskippable and a whole minute long. Obviously trying to strong-arm us into buying YouTube premium, which I won't be doing.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, 100%. The ads are longer than some of the actual video content now. Often I put on a video and within a minute it goes to an advert. Some of them now are unskippable and a whole minute long. Obviously trying to strong-arm us into buying YouTube premium, which I won't be doing.

Netflix used to be amazing and now you need prime, Disney, netflix , paramount, YouTube premium and apple TV to get it all

Ends up more than when sky had the lot

Remind me again how monopolies are bad? Lol 😂

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Anyine else finding an increase in ads in YouTube videos.

Tried watching a couple of new ones today ( James Robinson and average golfer) and they're virtually unwatchable imo.
Totally annoying, now a minute before you can skip. Absolutely a move to try and persuade us to go premium. Holding out for now….🤬

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
…to have access to the content without the annoyance of watching adverts.

Did that really need explaining?

Think it depends on your needs and watching preferences

Mrs watches a lot of itv so I paid for premium (£40) only issue I have is it sometimes says due to licensing issues this will have ads. Fine... But then it's ads for their own shows??

I'll never get rid of prime because it's linked to my delivery but on the flip side I won't pay to get rid of ads as I bearly watch it

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If I watch youtube through my pc browser (which has adblock running on it), then the ads don't play.
Sadly, I haven't got round to trying out various blockers on the Telly to see if the same thing happens. I'm not sure if the Tv (or firestick) browsers are clever enough to run decent adblocking software.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Netflix used to be amazing and now you need prime, Disney, netflix , paramount, YouTube premium and apple TV to get it all

Ends up more than when sky had the lot

Remind me again how monopolies are bad? Lol 😂

Exactly this. I got rid of my Sky Sports subscription the year they lost the Champions League to BT Sport and tried to increase the cost. I phoned them to cancel and when they asked why told them that they were extracting the urine by having far fewer games on their channels but increasing the price. Originally if you had Sky Sports you could watch all of the Premier League and European matches on one subscription. Now you need Sky, BT Sport (or whatever it's now called) and Amazon Prime to watch it all.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So...... the world is finally waking up to the fact that there's no such thing as a free lunch?

And indeed, why should there be?

Whilst I agree with what your saying here to a point .. Amazon are taking the Mick by adding adverts rather than offering ads at a reduced cost

When you see Amazon's profits how much money does one company need

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whilst I agree with what your saying here to a point .. Amazon are taking the Mick by adding adverts rather than offering ads at a reduced cost

When you see Amazon's profits how much money does one company need
So don’t give them any money is the simple answer.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Exactly this. I got rid of my Sky Sports subscription the year they lost the Champions League to BT Sport and tried to increase the cost. I phoned them to cancel and when they asked why told them that they were extracting the urine by having far fewer games on their channels but increasing the price. Originally if you had Sky Sports you could watch all of the Premier League and European matches on one subscription. Now you need Sky, BT Sport (or whatever it's now called) and Amazon Prime to watch it all.
Only positive from back then is how easy it is to end netflix etc if your situation changes

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
They said they were doing it. I have cancelled Amazon Prime as they are bringing in ads at the start of Feb
We have Prime as we buy a fair amount of stuff from Amazon. It annoys me that the cost of the streaming service is built into Prime rather than being an add-on. Lucky if we stream a couple of Amazon shows/films a year.