Silly things that have blown your mind

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Not silly, but absolutly blew my mind. If you have an iphone, you can use it to identify plants, pet breed etc. For someone who is not green fingered, this is brilliant
That’s not fair. I spent half a year in university identifying plants with a book, and sometimes a microscope. Twice. The only module I had to retake.

I knew a lot of (now) useless stuff about plants, but still can’t distinguish an ice berg lettuce from a cabbage.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That’s not fair. I spent half a year in university identifying plants with a book, and sometimes a microscope. Twice. The only module I had to retake.

I knew a lot of (now) useless stuff about plants, but still can’t distinguish an ice berg lettuce from a cabbage.

That is very simple.. I just read the label on top …

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I once mistook a daffodil bulb for a shallot that my wife had grown, used them in a meal I cooked and wife and daughter and they were sick immediately ? , daffodil bulbs are rank poisonous.

I was sick 15 minutes after them but as I had golf arranged I went out and played much to my wife’s annoyance ?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The number of people the don’t understand that being an ‘independent contractor’ doesn’t give you the right to work wherever you want.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They now have vegan full English and my local chippy does vegan and Gluten free Tuesday..

(I though the idea of a full English and going for fish & chips was to eat meat..)… what next zero alcohol beer??

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I once mistook a daffodil bulb for a shallot that my wife had grown, used them in a meal I cooked and wife and daughter and they were sick immediately ? , daffodil bulbs are rank poisonous.

I was sick 15 minutes after them but as I had golf arranged I went out and played much to my wife’s annoyance ?

Thought this was leading up to a pun. With them going to hospital but being “out in the spring” ?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was in Plymouth.. went to see an audio visual show at the museum…

Apparently Plymouth was hit by more bombs/per capita than the South West!!!

Apparently there are about 500+ ships sunk in Plymouth bay over the last couple of centuries .. rough waters around there ..

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was in Plymouth.. went to see an audio visual show at the museum…

Apparently Plymouth was hit by more bombs/per capita than the South West!!!

Apparently there are about 500+ ships sunk in Plymouth bay over the last couple of centuries .. rough waters around there ..
My family come from Plymouth, I lived in the Barbican as a kid although it wasn't the yuppy wine bar area it's become now. I remember the bomb sites around the town and the rebuilding of the city centre. Bristol was similar, the old city centre was completely destroyed.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
They now have vegan full English and my local chippy does vegan and Gluten free Tuesday..

(I though the idea of a full English and going for fish & chips was to eat meat..)… what next zero alcohol beer??

I was on a stag do where the best man and stag were both vegan, so naturally they booked a vegan restaurant for us on the first night.

Many faces were pulled by the rest of the party but when we turned up it was basically a vegan kebab house and it was unbelievably good, plus you didn't feel awful after or the next day.