Game Golf Digital Tracking System Review

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Now I definitely want one of these. I currently use the Nike app to track my round, so I put in if I hit the fairway, how many puts etc, and it spits out some decent stats - but having something like this where I can see how far I am hitting a club, and how consistent I am.

One of the appeals of this for me is where you can see how far you are hitting. The driving range for me is not easy to track, what looks like 200 is probably a lot less, and the balls are obviously different.

£200 is also a little expensive, and I was also concerned that it didn't have a tag for a 5 wood or more than one hybrid club.

Also, how does it know how your ball bounced? The flight of the ball. If you ballooned it, hit it sweet, or played a low shot.

One other thing too, does it give you GPS distances to the flags?

Last edited:

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
£200 is also a little expensive, and I was also concerned that it didn't have a tag for a 5 wood or more than one hybrid club.

Also, how does it know how your ball bounced? The flight of the ball. If you ballooned it, hit it sweet, or played a low shot.

One other thing too, does it give you GPS distances to the flags?

Nick, this thing is purely a stats gadget, it has no use for you during a round so doesn't give any yardages to flags etc. It just keeps track of shots, club data etc.

It doesn't keep track of ball flight, bounce of ball etc as that's not what it was designed for, it just plots your round on the course so you can analyse (commiserate) after your came. It is not a training aid in that sense.

In terms of tagging clubs, it gives you pre-identified tags for the 'usual' clubs then gives you 4 'extra' tags which you can assign to any of your additional clubs. For me this is my other hybrids for example.

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nick, this thing is purely a stats gadget, it has no use for you during a round so doesn't give any yardages to flags etc. It just keeps track of shots, club data etc.

It doesn't keep track of ball flight, bounce of ball etc as that's not what it was designed for, it just plots your round on the course so you can analyse (commiserate) after your came. It is not a training aid in that sense.

In terms of tagging clubs, it gives you pre-identified tags for the 'usual' clubs then gives you 4 'extra' tags which you can assign to any of your additional clubs. For me this is my other hybrids for example.

Yeah I only suggested that because I saw on the guys game review it looked like the ball had bounced, but thinking now that was just the next shot he played. It threw me for some reason.

Still looks good, may well get this and the Sky Caddie too.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good review, very interesting. I think I would be into it if I did not have to always press a button to tell it what club I had and that I was ready.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Good review, very interesting. I think I would be into it if I did not have to always press a button to tell it what club I had and that I was ready.

Each club has it's own unique "tag" pushed in the hole in the grip. All you need to do is move this under the reader which is worn on your belt and your good to go. There's no button presses or club numbers to dial in after the initial set up.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

To be fair the tags are on the clubs so it's just a case of touching the tag to the unit which sits on your belt. You have 60 seconds between 'tagging' and playing the shot so there is no rush in terms of actually playing the shot.

I've found that it's just becoming part of my pre-shot routine although I do have to remember to do it when tapping in the really short ones!

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I thought there was a shot band for each club so not tagging the short taps wouldn't affect the stats anyway?

Not as far as I am aware. Each shot should be tagged as that will affect the stats side of things. I have forgotten a couple of times however the software is easy enough to use in terms of editing after the round.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not as far as I am aware. Each shot should be tagged as that will affect the stats side of things. I have forgotten a couple of times however the software is easy enough to use in terms of editing after the round.

thanks, maybe its an option then as the sales guys at game golf explained it to me like that when doing a demo at the M/cr golf show.

D

Deleted member 16999

Any follow up info on this after using it for a while?

I've used it for pretty much every round I've played since last April, logged over 75 Rounds,
I love it, this has identified my actual weak areas rather then my perceived ones, it has enabled me to target specific areas, my handicap has reduced from 15.4 to 13.8, not 100% down to this, but it really has helped, I've gone for lessons for specific areas rarher than non specific.
I have actual yardages rather than what I think and these have come from actual shots in all weathers rather than stood on a range.
It's fun, I think we have over 25 guys on here using it and we've already started monthly challenges against each other.
At the end of the day it's an aid, not the be all n end all, but used correctly it can and does help.

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to reply pauldj42. I am really interested in it but hadn't ever spoken to anyone who's been using it.

Silly question but if I were to put the scanner thing on my bag rather than belt can your see that working just as well?

D

Deleted member 16999

Thanks for taking the time to reply pauldj42. I am really interested in it but hadn't ever spoken to anyone who's been using it.

Silly question but if I were to put the scanner thing on my bag rather than belt can your see that working just as well?
If you keep on the short stuff and don't collect putting data then yes!
In all honesty I had reservations about it being on my belt, but it's that light and small you don't notice it.