Special GM offer - Try the enhanced digital version for iPad/iPhone for just 99p

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Morning all

Hope you're getting in some golf over the Easter weekend

The new enhanced digital issue of GM (June coverdate GMac on the Cover) is available to download from iTunes for just 99p which is a massive £4 saving on the usual price

I believe the enhanced version represents the very best of what we do at GM with the magazine pages looking ultra crisp on screen

There are exclusive videos that we haven't published on youtube (embedded so you can watch even without wifi connection) and many more of our videos accessible with one click if you have 3 or 4G/wifi connection)
There are also bonus multi-image galleries too

If you're an iPad/iPhone user haven't already downloaded the free Golf Monthly 'shell app' follow the link below then make an in-app purchase of the June issue for just 99p

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/golf-monthly-magazine/id521066992?mt=8

As I've said on here before I think the usual £4.99 single issue price is too pricey (it's centrally set by IPC Media) I've been pushing hard to reduce it - this 99p offer is a test and if it means a lot more folk download the enhanced issue then I will have a case for longer term price reduction to a more attractive price - perhaps £2.99 or even lower

So, if you download it and like what you see please do leave us an iTunes review and feel free to say that £4.99 is too much but you'd buy it more often if it was cheaper. I can then point my boss to the comments and say. "See, told you!"

If you really like the version then treat yourself to a 12-month iTunes subscription for £33.99, which works out to be £2.61 an issue. If you buy that then you get free access to any other paid for digital issues we put into our shell app - e.g. the recent Ultimate Golf Equipment Guide

Alternatively if you want to get the free introductory gift (currently Nike RZN balls) then take out the subscription via our magazines direct site
http://www.magazinesdirect.com/subs...+site+hardlinks&utm_content=Top+Nav+Text+Link

That's £33.99 too but over Easter there's an extra 10% off so it means you get each issue for just £2.35 which is not far off half price

And finally, even though Fundy is already furiously typing a reply to accuse me of treating Android users like second class citizens, unfortunately we can't publish the enhanced version to that platform because google play just don't have the resources at their end to deal with the extra digital content we layer on the regular digital version. Sorry, we keep on pushing them and eventually they'll get there but at the moment they obviously don't view this as priority

Anyway, here endeth this commercial message - thanks for listening if you got this far!

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just a suggestion re the Android angle, and I may well be talking horlicks as I don't know the technology involved, but could something not be done with Amazon to release it in a Kindle format? Surely that way would then get over the various different Android os differences?

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Just a suggestion re the Android angle, and I may well be talking horlicks as I don't know the technology involved, but could something not be done with Amazon to release it in a Kindle format? Surely that way would then get over the various different Android os differences?

Hi Paul
GM is available on kindle - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009GZRKLW
However its the same issue as with google play in that the platform is just not set up to deliver the extra multimedia content
Love em or hate em but Apple have provided a user and publisher friendly platform for digital magazines and that's why all publishers focus resources to iOS devices

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fair enough Mike, didn't realise you could already get it on Kindle. I'm no fan of Apple but it seems Google are missing a trick here, this seems to be the case with just about every other mag that produces a digital copy as well. Oh well, maybe one day...

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
no Mike just given up banging that drum as clearly nothing will change, despite there being more android than ios users nowadays. wont be a slave to apple so will just stick with the print version

D

Deleted member 1418

Having both an iPad and a Kindle I still prefer print version of GM! Always look forward to it coming through the letter box every month!