Silly things that have blown your mind

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have two that come to mind..

Hold the space bar down on an iPhone in any text related screen and you can then move the cursor where ever you want to.

My new one though,.... Wow!!

Are you fed up of ads in the middle or start of youtube videos? Well bye bye ads!! find your video you want to watch, then go into the address bar and simple add a - (minus sign) in between the T and U of YouTube so it looks like this...

www.yout-ube.com/blahblahblah123456789

So, whats are your simple things a lot of people know already, but when you found out.... :eek::eek:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depending on your car, Volvo and Skoda definitely have this, hold the unlock button on your key fob down for 5 seconds and all of your windows come down. Brilliant in hot weather to release oven like temperatures so that by the time you reach and open the door the temperature is ambient again.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depending on your car, Volvo and Skoda definitely have this, hold the unlock button on your key fob down for 5 seconds and all of your windows come down. Brilliant in hot weather to release oven like temperatures so that by the time you reach and open the door the temperature is ambient again.

I think Mazda do it as well. A colleague got his car flooded when he did it by accident once while it was lashing it down outside ?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Most cars that have remote central locking do this.
I like the app control for BMW, on hot days I can activate the ventilation from the app to blow all the hot air out of the cabin remotely.

Used to use it from the train on hot days when leaving Glasgow back to the station car park.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like the app control for BMW, on hot days I can activate the ventilation from the app to blow all the hot air out of the cabin remotely.

Used to use it from the train on hot days when leaving Glasgow back to the station car park.
If I'd said all cars then there would be a list posted of people who have cars where this doesn't happen so i went cautious. It's still great and as everyone but me seemed to be aware of this for years I reckon it fits the brief of this perfectly :LOL:. I like the sound of your app, even better (y)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I'd said all cars then there would be a list posted of people who have cars where this doesn't happen so i went cautious. It's still great and as everyone but me seemed to be aware of this for years I reckon it fits the brief of this perfectly :LOL:. I like the sound of your app, even better (y)

Also why I said ‘most’ ?. You just know who it would be that produced the list of non window opening models as well ?

phillarrow

Visit site
I've just tried this on my Skoda Octavia and it doesn'r work? Could that be because I have keyless entry? Or have you posted this for a laugh to see how many idiots will try it!? ;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've just tried this on my Skoda Octavia and it doesn'r work? Could that be because I have keyless entry? Or have you posted this for a laugh to see how many idiots will try it!? ;)
Haha gotcha! No, genuinely, I had a Yeti and Superb and it worked on both. The Superb was a relatively recent model as well. Neither were keyless entry so that may be part of it?

I wonder if you need to tick something in the system to engage it? I did not but maybe that has changed now? Worth 5 minutes on the internet to find out, it is really handy in the summer.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

I set that off without knowing one day with the key in my pocket. It gave me quite a start.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Po

Pity it doesn’t work the opposite way so your car would be toastie on frosty mornings.

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
Po

Pity it doesn’t work the opposite way so your car would be toastie on frosty mornings.

On my XC40 you can remote start the engine and set the heated screens so its pretty well defrosted when you get to it .

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23270

You can also do this on a timer, handy if you regularly get back to your car at the same time every day.