Silly things that have blown your mind

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've just tried this on my Skoda Octavia and it doesn'r work? Could that be because I have keyless entry? Or have you posted this for a laugh to see how many idiots will try it!? ;)
I had a golf that did this .
Bought a brand new golf and it didn’t work on the new model.
Had it three years but found out a week before I sold it that this has to be enabled in the settings.
My mate who works for VW did it in seconds hasn’t let me forget it.
So check your window / locking settings it might be turned off.
There is a setting just for the drivers window as well.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
When having a discussion with our family about billionaires, I stumbled across this which helps convey how much a billion actually is. Still staggers me now.

• A million seconds is about 12 days.
  • A billion seconds is about 31 years.

Now think of this in money terms and how much money the likes of Bezos actually have.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have two that come to mind..

Hold the space bar down on an iPhone in any text related screen and you can then move the cursor where ever you want to.

My new one though,.... Wow!!

Are you fed up of ads in the middle or start of youtube videos? Well bye bye ads!! find your video you want to watch, then go into the address bar and simple add a - (minus sign) in between the T and U of YouTube so it looks like this...

www.yout-ube.com/blahblahblah123456789

So, whats are your simple things a lot of people know already, but when you found out.... :eek::eek:

Download youtube vanced onto your phone or tablet. Gets rid of ads all together without that hassle.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Depending on your car, Volvo and Skoda definitely have this, hold the unlock button on your key fob down for 5 seconds and all of your windows come down. Brilliant in hot weather to release oven like temperatures so that by the time you reach and open the door the temperature is ambient again.

It also unfolds the wing mirrors as well if they were turned in.

If you do the same when locking it, it winds all the windows up and folds the mirrors in.

I have a Seat and it also does this.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Now think of this in money terms and how much money the likes of Bezos actually have.

I might be wrong, but my understanding is that a billionaire actually only has 1000 million. As opposed to the true numerical million million that’s in a proper billion.

D-S

Visit site
I might be wrong, but my understanding is that a billionaire actually only has 1000 million. As opposed to the true numerical million million that’s in a proper billion.
You’re right but the maths in the original quote refers to a 1000 million not a million million.