Your ultimate scramble team

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
If you could put together a scramble team of tour pros (from any tour) who makes the cut for your squad? You have to be one of the 4, so who are you picking for your next 3 spaces?

Mine would be:

Rory - insane length, clutch with his wedges and obviously solid all round
Cam Smith - widely regarded as one of the best putters on tour and obviously a good all round game.
Hovland - again a solid all rounder, no major weakness in his game and also a good laugh.

Id guess Rory would feature in most lists to be honest :ROFLMAO:

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
De Chambeau Smith and Sheffler would probably score well as a scramble providing Scottie didn't have too many vital putts.

Swango1980

Visit site
If you could put together a scramble team of tour pros (from any tour) who makes the cut for your squad? You have to be one of the 4, so who are you picking for your next 3 spaces?

Mine would be:

Rory - insane length, clutch with his wedges and obviously solid all round
Cam Smith - widely regarded as one of the best putters on tour and obviously a good all round game.
Hovland - again a solid all rounder, no major weakness in his game and also a good laugh.

Id guess Rory would feature in most lists to be honest :ROFLMAO:
It doesn't matter, the new WHS system definitely favours the high handicappers. You can have Rory, Cam and Hovland, while I'll have old Colin who plays off 32, Nigel off 27 and Andy off 26. I believe that gives us a team handicap off 15, which I think will make us very competitive against you guys :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Let's go Bryson for number one, with his drives you're definitely going to have some birdie opportunities, plus the wayward ones won't matter in a scramble of course. And he seems like a nice dude.

Rahm for his sheer all-round ability, and I'm sure his determination would keep us on track for the win.

Copying OP but Cam Smith has to be in there for his putting. If you've got him putting 4th with three people showing him the line, he must literally never miss?

Although, if we're factoring in enjoyment of their company, I may switch out Rahm for Hatton - I think Rahm might be hard work to get on with, but Hatton's self-deprecating sarcasm is my cup of tea. Or even Fleetwood, that guy is going to hit so many irons close in a scramble and he's supposedly the nicest man in golf.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Rory, Rahm, Scheffler.

They are head and shoulders better than everyone else.

Give me a few weeks to put in some general play card to get my handicap up and we’re a winning team.

Reactions: sjw

Swango1980

Visit site
Rory, Spieth and Brad Faxon

Picking Rory for driving distance, Speith for short game (I assume his short game is pretty good?) and Faxon for putting. Faxon might be a disaster, but I'm only going by his legendary status in putting, and assuming he can still putt, and also give us all a good read for our putts.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Paul Runyan for putting and chipping
Jack Nicklaus for everything
Kyle Berkshire for moving it off the tee and down par 5s.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
It doesn't matter, the new WHS system definitely favours the high handicappers. You can have Rory, Cam and Hovland, while I'll have old Colin who plays off 32, Nigel off 27 and Andy off 26. I believe that gives us a team handicap off 15, which I think will make us very competitive against you guys :)

Patrick Reed
Elliot Saltman
Kim Jong Il

I reckon there is enough guile there to beat your handicap group.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Seve - We can hit it anywhere and no we've got an escape route
Trevino - Gag a minute, and what a ball striker
Darren Clarke - Great story teller and perfect 19th hole companion

We might not win but we'd have a scream