Your lowest ever stableford points

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
had an absolute mare at the weekend- 8 points on the front 9.... which ended up being the better of the 2 with 7 on the back 9 for a grand total of 15 points.

Was playing at Dundonald which is a tougher course than my own but was a calm day with no rain so was extremely poor- felt like chucking the game afterwards.

What's your worst recorded score?

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
16 is my worst, out in eleven, back in five. Round my home course in July of this year - thankfully it was a one-off!

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
I play a lot more 9 holes than I do 18; worst I can remember was 9 points for 9 holes I think (consistent though; one point on every hole!)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Less than 20 maybe on my first ever forum meet at Silloth, in my defence it was blowing a gale and I'd only just started playing.
A few months ago I shot 11 points front 9, my PP 19 I think. I ended up beating him on countback with 29 each :rofl:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
15 was also my lowest ever. This was 2 or 3 years ago when I was going through a horrendous period of Shermans - I managed it with every club in the bag apart from the driver.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
16 at a Captain's Day at a previous course I was a member of. I handed my card in thoroughly ashamed of myself as it was no more than I deserved, no excuses other than the course was tough. I have never NR on purpose but I should have ripped that card up rather than hand it in. Still ashamed now.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
21 on my old track in Essex a few weekends ago. I rocked up thinking I was going to eat it up having gone on to better things since moving away over 4 years ago and it's safe to say it bit me on the backside. I was truly awful 9 out 12 back, only one par.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
been shooting low 30s/high 20s consistently for the last couple of months, then went out yesterday and shot 19. 5 lost balls and god knows how many blobs didn't help. Was pigsick at the end. Didn't help that my PPs both played well and scored 37 and 35 respectively.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
17 points last year during the winter league when the ground was rock solid. Every shot was a lottery as you never knew how or where the ball would bounce on any shot.

I think 26 points won the money that day... :eek: :rofl:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine's 3pts. Decided to enter an 18 hole Stableford comp, played 4 holes. Started absolutely pouring down alongside the gale force winds, couldn't feel fingers, got 3 points, walked in. Then for some stupid reason decided to put our cards in. Unsurprisingly I came last and with a CSS of 72 my 3 points was unfortunately outside buffer. Bugger.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine's 3pts. Decided to enter an 18 hole Stableford comp, played 4 holes. Started absolutely pouring down alongside the gale force winds, couldn't feel fingers, got 3 points, walked in. Then for some stupid reason decided to put our cards in. Unsurprisingly I came last and with a CSS of 72 my 3 points was unfortunately outside buffer. Bugger.

hahaha I'm not sure that counts.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I don't tend to play hardly any stableford comps, but i have shot a 96 gross off 5 and a 94 off 4 a couple of years ago when my driving was at its worst. proud of the 94 though as it included a back 9 of 32 which is 4 under par:rofl::rofl::rofl: which was when i decided to keep the driver in the bag:thup:

dan2844

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I once got 9 points over 18 holes the first round i ever played in portugal. THAT bad. second day i got 15 and 3rd day 21. I was having lessons and changing my swing at the time (summer is not the right time to do this i now realise) and the course was hard. Still, the beer cart on most holes kept me sane.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don’t think I’ve been less than 20 at least outside the first year or so playing.

At my old place we had a lady member who I don’t think ever made double figures!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

You would get a ticking off at our club for not returning the card. However the H/cap committee should not have accepted the card for handicap purposes with so few holes played.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Probably somewhere around 20 points.

Worst NR was after the tee shot on the 7th broke the head off my putter, in the bag 50 yards from the tee. I was already over handicap stood on the tee.